Missing football yet

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Missing football yet

Post by Brownie »

Presume like me many are disappointed our season ended so early and we have no playoffs to look forward to, with that in mind I guess I may well see a few of you at Cogenhoe tonight for the visit of AFC R&D Old Boys.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: Missing football yet

Post by sussexdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 pm Presume like me many are disappointed our season ended so early and we have no playoffs to look forward to, with that in mind I guess I may well see a few of you at Cogenhoe tonight for the visit of AFC R&D Old Boys.
Lawless scores winning goal for Newport but in vain as both Yaxley and Wisbech win 1-0. I believe that promotes them both but Wisbech now must win on Saturday v Daventry again to win the UCL.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Our very own Ross Oulton turned out for Daventry yesterday against Wisbech but couldn't prevent a 1-0 defeat.

Bunting only on the bench for Wisbech.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Not much of a game at Cogenhoe but saw a few people I've not seen for a while including Pete Harris who was 1 of Sam's coaches at R&D about 12 years ago. On the AFCR&D Old Boys front Faz started but went off injured, Greg Ling played in MF, Dom Lawless as mentioned got the only goal, Taylor came off the bench late on, Sedge is suspended and Ollie Wilko is out injured and it's a bad one, he reckons he could be out for another year. From what I saw Pagnell are not a Step 4 side so possibly for the best Wisbech and Yaxley are going up.