Egham v Beaconsfield

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: Egham v Beaconsfield

Post by Brownie »

Did we expect anything else, our aim at the start of the season was get promoted, that’s been achieved let’s not spoil it by worrying that we didn’t win the league assuming that is what will happen. That said of the top 6 teams Beaconsfield were the least impressive for me but it looks as if they were doing something right. Is comical though how some clubs find someone to do regular Twitter updates when things are going well.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

So it goes down to the final match and will there be a final twist and turn that often happens in the beautiful game? We now need to better Beaconsfield’s result at Marlow. Anything is possible and perhaps it’s a Diamonds fan that is responsible for this final prediction. It’s been a great season, however, with promotion the main aim and anything else is a bonus.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sout ... /predicted
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Can't see Marlow taking anything from the Rams, but you never know!!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Beaconsfield were always going to win last night, since you never know what Egham side will turn up.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

Promotion was always the aim. The title is just icing on the cake. Whichever way it turns out we'll be playing a higher standard of football in a new league and with plenty to look forward to,
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Trek wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:13 am So it goes down to the final match and will there be a final twist and turn that often happens in the beautiful game? We now need to better Beaconsfield’s result at Marlow. Anything is possible and perhaps it’s a Diamonds fan that is responsible for this final prediction. It’s been a great season, however, with promotion the main aim and anything else is a bonus.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sout ... /predicted
So he is going for a 2-0 Diamonds win and a 1-1 for Beaconsfield. I'll take that. On my thread "Clutching at Straws" I did say this would be the tougher game for Beaconsfield.