Next Season - Central League Premier

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Next Season - Central League Premier

Post by BartonRaz »

Trek wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:27 pm Wazzafan’s prediction is Stratford Town remain in the Southern Premier.
My Dad would be horrified by that as an AFC R&D Season Ticket holder living in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

It appears it's been updated again and Stratford are now back in the Central League projection. Bishop Stortford have moved back out to accommodate them.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:20 am
Trek wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:27 pm Wazzafan’s prediction is Stratford Town remain in the Southern Premier.
My Dad would be horrified by that as an AFC R&D Season Ticket holder living in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

It appears it's been updated again and Stratford are now back in the Central League projection. Bishop Stortford have moved back out to accommodate them.
I was thinking of Graham when I mentioned Stratford Town. Also it appears that Banbury United will remain in the Southern Premier.

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I will be very surprised if my projected 22 is not 100% correct. It only remains to be seen if Hitchin or Banbury are the ones that drop down geographically.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Terrible news for Londoners :(
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I expect the good people of Banbury would be cross. I would imagine the league most clubs would want to avoid is the SW Premier, which looks likely to stretch from Bognor to Taunton and up to Merthyr and include borderline clubs such as Dorking and Banbury.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:24 am I expect the good people of Banbury would be cross. I would imagine the league most clubs would want to avoid is the SW Premier, which looks likely to stretch from Bognor to Taunton and up to Merthyr and include borderline clubs such as Dorking and Banbury.
Might be some players we can poach from Banbury should we deem it necessary as that must surely be within our catchment area. They'd be extremely unfortunate to end up in the Southern League next season and I imagine many of their players will be eager to join a Central League team. Plus we have Jack Westbrook who could put a good word in.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Elliot Sandy? Is Jefferson Louis still there or did he move on....again.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

League Allocations confirmed, as we expected! And absolute confirmation that we will resume our rivalry with them up the road in the league :clapping:

https://cdn.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... 8-19-3.pdf

Longest trip is Lowestoft for us, 132 miles, but for me, the most baffling thing on there is the NPL East and UCL clubs Wisbech and Yaxley having to go to bloody Morpeth, 217 and 222 miles respectively! Wasn't this reshuffle meant to reduce distances? For step 4 teams previously used to going no further than Milton Keynes, now having to have to go to Morpeth seems absurd, no wonder clubs at step 5 refuse promotion :fool:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Olly wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:48 pm League Allocations confirmed, as we expected! And absolute confirmation that we will resume our rivalry with them up the road in the league :clapping:

https://cdn.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... 8-19-3.pdf

Longest trip is Lowestoft for us, 132 miles, but for me, the most baffling thing on there is the NPL East and UCL clubs Wisbech and Yaxley having to go to bloody Morpeth, 217 and 222 miles respectively! Wasn't this reshuffle meant to reduce distances? For step 4 teams previously used to going no further than Milton Keynes, now having to have to go to Morpeth seems absurd, no wonder clubs at step 5 refuse promotion :fool:
I believe that in the near future an extra league is going to be created at Step 4. But in the meantime Yaxley and Wisbech will be getting familiar with the A1. Good news for us though.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Central League facebook discussion group if anyone's interested -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106027806913766/
AFC R&D Member Number 444