Next Season - Central League Premier

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
paulg

Re: Next Season - Central League Premier

Post by paulg »

Not entirely convinced of Betway’s knowledge of this league considering they don’t appear to know the proper name of our club, so I’d take this with a few pinches of salt. Obviously K*ttering & King’s Lynn are the big spenders and should finish in the top 2, whereas for us I imagine we’ll be looking at mid-table considering we’ve lost both our influential wingers from last season and off the pitch are still absorbing last summer’s moving costs to HR. Very flattering though, as mentioned previously.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

As they’ve got our odds wrong. Surely, they’ll have others wrong and there’s a chance of beating the bookies. Unfortunately, like Mr Betway, I also have no idea. Baraell and Redditch look quite long odds. Even Tamworth at 9s?
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:09 am As they’ve got our odds wrong. Surely, they’ll have others wrong and there’s a chance of beating the bookies. Unfortunately, like Mr Betway, I also have no idea. Baraell and Redditch look quite long odds. Even Tamworth at 9s?
Barwell have lost some key players this summer and i’d expect them to trouble the relegation places. They do however still have our old foe Brady Hickey.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Bet those bookies look for clubs with decent attendances and assume it means they splash the cash, Hereford are probably favourites for the National South.

I be happy with 10th, any higher would be a bonus, as has been mentioned on another topic, it will be nice to watch us play with no pressure and who knows that might allow us to give more of the youngsters a chance.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I think Northampton getting relegated has dampened the spirits of fans across the county, optimism seems at an all tine low, even the poppies forum http://poppiesforum.co.uk/ has very few posts and they are thinking of promotion.

I'm more tha excited for our first chance at step 3 on saturday, COYD
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Some interesting news from down the road. Seems Craig Westcarr has moved on without playing a competitive game and Aaron O’Connor appears to have an injury that’s going to keep him out for some time.

We thought it was a blow losing the two wide players. With Howe and Stevens from Peterborough moving on, coupled with O’Connor’s injury, they’re going to have to replace 80 goals.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The League has a new website - it's pretty brave introducing it as the new season starts. It seems to work better on PCs than on mobile devices, even after clearing cache etc.

Although it's got the same basic web address, all the old links to specific pages you might find on Google (or on our OWS) no longer work.

The club page is much improved - http://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/ ... 018/2019/P - including the extra features from the buttons at the bottom.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Formic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:20 am The League has a new website - it's pretty brave introducing it as the new season starts. It seems to work better on PCs than on mobile devices, even after clearing cache etc.

Although it's got the same basic web address, all the old links to specific pages you might find on Google (or on our OWS) no longer work.

The club page is much improved - http://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/ ... 018/2019/P - including the extra features from the buttons at the bottom.
Hi Formic, that link doesn't work
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:10 am
Formic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:20 am The League has a new website - it's pretty brave introducing it as the new season starts. It seems to work better on PCs than on mobile devices, even after clearing cache etc.

Hi Formic, that link doesn't work
It's working fine for me on a PC. I did clear my cache many times yesterday before it did work, but it seems OK on a PC now. I still haven't seen it working properly on a Mobile device, with the links now seeming to go to an invalid pitchero page.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Hopefully they will fix the league table soon....

http://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/League-Table

Bottom of the league, along with Redditch ;-)