[ Sat 28th Apr ] v Ashford Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 28th Apr ] v Ashford Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Preview

Note: This is a Pay What You Want Match

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... 28th-april

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Apr ] v Ashford Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Rushdenjim »

Big promotion party with everyone keeping an eye on Twitter.

Rain may be an unwelcome guest but expect there to be 900+ there, might just fall short of four figures.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It looks like there is a presentation for runners up too - http://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/ ... tion-49793
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Whatever the result tomorrow evening the trophy presentation will create a problem for league. Helicopter hovering midway between Rushden and Beaconsfield!!!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Heavy rain forecast tomorrow and a possibility of rain on Saturday as well, really fed up of this over and over again over the last few months, but dare I say could there be a doubt on this game? The pitch didn't look too bad on Tuesday night, but after all that rain, there seemed to be a couple of small areas of standing water starting to form. I assume we'd be pushed back to Monday night if the worst were to happen, I bloody hope that doesn't happen though, would be a real pain in the arse to have our promotion party (and possibly title winning party) spoiled by the weather, fingers crossed it'll be okay and we'll have a great day.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:39 pm Whatever the result tomorrow evening the trophy presentation will create a problem for league. Helicopter hovering midway between Rushden and Beaconsfield!!!
It will be interesting to see how the SL deal with this problem. How can they present the Championship Trophy after the match if the final scores are not decided until late in the afternoon. Will the winners have to wait until about 6 o clock to receive their prize?
The answer is to have two cars parked up midway between Marlow and Rushden (Toddington Services?) Hoping for Beaconsfield to wrap their game up by h/t. They then have 60 mins to deliver the respective trophies.

The National League South has a similar but slightly easier task as they "hover" between Havant and Bognor (where Dartford are playing).
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:04 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:39 pm Whatever the result tomorrow evening the trophy presentation will create a problem for league. Helicopter hovering midway between Rushden and Beaconsfield!!!
It will be interesting to see how the SL deal with this problem. How can they present the Championship Trophy after the match if the final scores are not decided until late in the afternoon. Will the winners have to wait until about 6 o clock to receive their prize?
The answer is to have two cars parked up midway between Marlow and Rushden (Toddington Services?) Hoping for Beaconsfield to wrap their game up by h/t. They then have 60 mins to deliver the respective trophies.

The National League South has a similar but slightly easier task as they "hover" between Havant and Bognor (where Dartford are playing).
If they saw the strike partnership of Tony Mendy and Kezie Ibe at Egham last night I think I know where they'll take the trophy. They'll need a presentation party at both venues anyway.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

I am so surprised that’s we have no pitch inspection yet? Been raining all morning in K*ttering. Same at hr?
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

there were loads of people down there this morning forking it. the groundsman was working his magic and they were sanding it. just spotting in rushden now.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

I'm assuming no pitch inspection is needed then? Very relieved it'll be on, with the rain yesterday I feared the worst, and while the weather is still pretty grim which will put some floaters off again and may prevent us from getting a four figure crowd, it will still almost certainly be our highest crowd of the season, I'm going to predict 750-800.

Not expecting anything from Marlow today, apart from that H&Y game, Beaconsfield have been rampant (28 goals in 7 matches!) and would be deserving champions, but there's always hope, a big slice of luck for Marlow like an early penalty and Beaconsfield red card and who knows, Marlow might do a favour for us. Either way, it is great to be in a position like this at the end of the season and the extra promotion spot means we can relax and enjoy the day no matter what happens :drinks:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308