[ Sat 28th Apr ] v Ashford Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Apr ] v Ashford Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

GAME ON. It is even brighter now and no rain at Earls Barton
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Should get over the 10,000 mark for home league attendance (with it being 459) to achieve that feet, (don't think we've achieved that before)

Let's win it in style, let's do it, and beat Ashford, happy with promotion that was are main aim, achieved that. Get in there.

Let's win today, winning the league would be the icing on the cake.

Key to this success was being put back into the Southern Central/East league.

Other league would have been much, much, much tougher.

Promoted from Southern Central/East league, get in there. :biggrin:
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Bit of a stinker of a game to end the season tbh, but you can't really blame them for that after the brilliant hard work they've put in over the least few weeks and all the most important work had already been done, who would have thought we'd win our last 5 games a few weeks ago after we failed to beat Uxbridge and Northwood?!

Delighted about the crowd though, would have definitely been 1000+ if it hadn't been cold and rainy, having it pay what you want was a great idea, well done to the board for agreeing that as well.

And finishing with only 25 goals conceded in 42 games, phenomenal record that, still the best in the top 8 levels of English football if I'm not mistaken, step 3 will be much tougher, but if we can keep that defensive core structure going into next season, then I think we'll do just fine in the new league. Congratulations to all the players, staff and those behind the scenes that made this happen and I can't wait for August to be here :drinks:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

We loved being there today, we paid the full amount on entry, great to see a victory although it wasn't a great game. Nice to see all four sides full of supporters.
Look forward to the fixtures being released for next season.
Congratulations to everyone involved with the club.
A special mention to Andy Peaks, who has had a few difficult periods to deal with, many asking whether he should be replaced. Well done, great job Andy.
COYD
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Not the usual match video but still ...

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Olly wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm Delighted about the crowd though, would have definitely been 1000+ if it hadn't been cold and rainy, having it pay what you want was a great idea, well done to the board for agreeing that
Yesterday's bumper crowd ensured our average attendance this season hit the 500 mark. Our highest since winning the UCL premier (550). I'm convinced if we hadn't had so many Saturday postponements then our average would have been nearer 550. Overall an increase on the last two seasons at the Dog and Duck and I'm sure there will be another marked increase next season.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:00 am I'm convinced if we hadn't had so many Saturday postponements then our average would have been nearer 550. Overall an increase on the last two seasons at the Dog and Duck and I'm sure there will be another marked increase next season.
Agreed, having to play rearranged fixtures on Tuesday evenings has hit us hard. Had to smile when that group of vocal Hayes & Yeading fans chanted ‘What’s it like to see a crowd?’ Well their best attendance achieved yesterday of 323 didn’t better our worse attendance of 334 and they were the 3rd best average attendance in the league!
Certainly next season we can expect a few more travelling fans from some of the established clubs that will be in the Central Premier League and hopefully we can get attendances into the 600-700 region.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Also with a reasonable way support you get a better atmosphere which also helps you get better attendances
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273