[ Tue 24th Apr ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: [ Tue 24th Apr ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by Brownie »

Given Aylesbury’s game on Thursday is against Bedford Town so fits the criteria of teams not involved in relegation or promotion it’s a game that can be rolled over to next week. So if by chance tonight’s game was postponed I would assume we would play Aylesbury on Thursday and their Bedford match would move, or am I applying to much logic to football authorities thinking.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I would be very surprised if tonights game was postponed. It has only rained today, on and off, and is not raining now. I would be more concerned with Saturdays game considering the forecast. Maybe we can borrow some covers from the County Ground!

Good to see so many ex players tweeting their best wishes, Alfie Taylor, Tommy Berwick, Andy Burgess, Fernando Bell Toxtle. Of course Jake Newman could do us a favour by scoring winning goal tonight against Hartley.

It would be nice if Richard Bunting could make it tonight as he has played such a big part in our success over the past 4/5 years and surely qualifies for a winners medal this season....if we do in deed win the League. As it stands he is on target to pick up his third UCL Champions medal.
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

I can't speak for Hayden Road but Manor Park was rock-hard on sunday during the rugby - I think the rain will probably be good for the pitch, it's not really hammered down enough to make it a big worry. Then again, what do I know about groundskeeping?
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

As things stand

Diamonds winning 6-1

Beaconsfield winning 4-0

Hartley (As far I can tell from both teams fairly meagre Twitter updates) losing 1-0
The artist formerly known as Southstand
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Up the bloody diamonds!!!!! :drinks:
Now let's keep the pressure on and win this league.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Great team performance tonight.
We are going up!
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 83 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

What a way to get promoted! Congrats one and all. See every single on of you at Hayden Rd on Saturday!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Fantastic night and fantastic feeling to be going up, it really has been a rollercoaster of a few weeks, we've been up and down and needless to say after the draw at Northwood it was hard to see us being in this position come the end of April, but we pulled ourselves together and looks like they were just making things a bit more interesting and tense lol. To score 7 goals on our big night is bloody brilliant too, well done to all the team for a great night and a deserved promotion :clapping:

Just hope the pitch can hold up for Saturday, would be a real shame if the weather spoiled our end of season party, bit of a low turnout with the rain tonight, but still hoping for a four figure crowd for that game, especially with the possibility of taking the title too. Was hoping Beaconsfield would drop points again tonight, but they were back to their free scoring form, they've still got to win two away games and no doubt they'll be tired, so there's still a chance for us there, but I can't see them dropping points at either Egham or Marlow.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
paulg

Post by paulg »

Top performance from the whole team in tricky playing conditions. We were on top throughout and really dealt with the pressure in style. Huge congratulations to Andy Peaks and his coaching team, the players and all the club’s volunteers whose efforts from last summer onwards have laid the foundation for a promotion-winning season in our first year at Hayden Road.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Incredibly proud to be a diamonds fan tonight.. from the first moment I thought Aylesburys attitude was all wrong. From their five minute warm up (not sure what that was all about) but they were poor from the start and really should of been double figures.. Ben Farrell what a game, and I only want to say one more name.. Ben Diamond!!! Glad to see him with more game time but he should be starting. Only hope we can retain him next season..

Attendance not the greatest, and I don’t think it will be 4 figures Saturday, but what a way to do it.. well done boys and everyone connected to the club!
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60