[ Tue 24th Apr ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Tue 24th Apr ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Anyone of the top six could find themselves in the play off lottery, which makes the midweek games particularly interesting.

Beaconsfield v AFC Dunstable........Will nerves get the better of the Rams? can the OD's do us a favour ?
Kempston v Hartley Wintney.........I have always said what a great player that bloke Newman is, can he do us a favour?

Wednesday....Cambridge City v Chalfont......not really bothered about that one now.

Thursday.......Egham v Beaconsfield...............Do you remember the night Hereford beat Yeovil to hand RDFC promotion to the Football League.? Well not quite the same prize but a similar scenario is possible if Beaconsfield don't win Tuesday evening.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Don't worry about any of the other teams, we'll be there tomorrow night and I will predict a 5-0 win for us and that will seal promotion and after the remaining fixtures are played out, we will be crowned champions.
COYD
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I was predicting a couple of weeks back that 91/92 points would be sufficient to secure the title.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sout ... /predicted
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:08 pm I was actually referring to the fans as a party atmosphere. Obviously not the players. We play 20th and mid table at HR win one of them job done .
Aside from the Maunsell Cup win, the Diamonds title / cup / promotion winning games have all been away from home (as have the playoff games), so this will be chance to see how many fans we can get at such an important home game.
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:27 pm Anyone of the top six could find themselves in the play off lottery, which makes the midweek games particularly interesting.

Beaconsfield v AFC Dunstable........Will nerves get the better of the Rams? can the OD's do us a favour ?
Kempston v Hartley Wintney.........I have always said what a great player that bloke Newman is, can he do us a favour?

Wednesday....Cambridge City v Chalfont......not really bothered about that one now.

Thursday.......Egham v Beaconsfield...............Do you remember the night Hereford beat Yeovil to hand RDFC promotion to the Football League.? Well not quite the same prize but a similar scenario is possible if Beaconsfield don't win Tuesday evening.
Dunstable are obviously a decent side, and we know Egham can turn up and spoil the day if they're switched on. We only need one of those games to go our way in terms of a draw, but if Beaconsfield were to lose again it would do our chances a world of good.

Of course, that's all assuming we win tonight! COYD!
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

So exited about tonight I wasn’t sure I would be able to watch, thus allowed Mrs B to book a week away in Italy, sure all will go according to plan in my absence so see you all for a party on Saturday.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

It is currently raining quite steadily in K*ttering. Assuming it is the same in Rushden, and given that the forecast is for rain for the rest of the afternoon and evening, I was wondering what the situation would be if we had to postpone tonight's game.
All games involving Promotion/Play-off contenders must be completed by Saturday and Aylesbury already have games scheduled for Thursday and Saturday, so presumably we would have to play either tomorrow or Friday.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

The League do have the FA's permission to extend the season by 1 week, so if games are postponed between now and Saturday they could move all the last day games by 1 week.

Also looking at the weather forecast its rain rain rain except on Thursday
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Biggles wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:18 pm The League do have the FA's permission to extend the season by 1 week
When that was announced it only applied to clubs not involved in promotion or relegation issues. Has that now changed?
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

No but it may have to ? unless the FA have more luck than King Canute in stopping the wet stuff

The FA ,the League or us cannot control the weather and the weather may not let the the teams involved complete by Saturday, the forecast is rain all week and into next week except this Thursday,(mind you this is the BBC weather so it will be bright and sunny instead) it will all depend on saturation levels and how persistent the rain falls.

Hopefully the rain slows or stops giving respite for the pitch.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32