[ Tue 24th Apr ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: [ Tue 24th Apr ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by MarkH »

From their five minute warm up (not sure what that was all about)
I heard a rumour they forgot their kit :blink:
Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:09 pm
Of course Jake Newman could do us a favour by scoring winning goal tonight against Hartley.
Jake must have been listening to you. :clapping:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Olly wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 pm Fantastic night and fantastic feeling to be going up, it really has been a rollercoaster of a few weeks, we've been up and down and needless to say after the draw at Northwood it was hard to see us being in this position come the end of April, but we pulled ourselves together and looks like they were just making things a bit more interesting and tense lol. To score 7 goals on our big night is bloody brilliant too, well done to all the team for a great night and a deserved promotion :clapping:

Just hope the pitch can hold up for Saturday, would be a real shame if the weather spoiled our end of season party, bit of a low turnout with the rain tonight, but still hoping for a four figure crowd for that game, especially with the possibility of taking the title too. Was hoping Beaconsfield would drop points again tonight, but they were back to their free scoring form, they've still got to win two away games and no doubt they'll be tired, so there's still a chance for us there, but I can't see them dropping points at either Egham or Marlow.
500+ turning up for a rainy Tuesday night not bad at all. I was soaked through, but the result and confirmation of our promotion made up for it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

MarkH wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 pm
From their five minute warm up (not sure what that was all about)
I heard a rumour they forgot their kit :blink:
Their manager had their kit and was delayed leaving Aylesbury so they played in Rushden & Higham’s Youth team kit.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

What a fantastic, excellent result, can't put it into words what a excellent achievement it is. Well done to all the lads, to all.

Going up, you say we're going up, you say we're going up.

At the beginning of the season, I was so happy, and so glad we were put back into the Southern Central/East league, so glad, because knew this could well happen. (Other league would have been much tougher) enjoyed every moment on this season.

Today topped it off, well done to all the lads, deserved it through all there hard work thought out the whole of the season.

You say we're going up, you say we're are going up. Mighty Diamonds going up. :biggrin:
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Awesome stuff! Looking forward to Saturday's party!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Congrats to everybody at the Club.

A great season, but i doubt i was the only one who thought we may have blown it when from 20/3-10/4 we only managed 4 from 18 points, but that is football, never plain sailing as a famous football pundit said 'its a funny old game'

you never know maybe a further twist may happen in the funny old game by 5pm on Saturday.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Didn't sleep much last night. Delighted for everybody at the club, the volunteers and supporters who have traveled home and away this season in support of the lads. Those who have given up so much of their time and continue to do so reshaping Hayden Road. It's definitely been a season to remember and I'm really looking forward to next season already.

Congrats and well done to the management and players, both current and those who have departed such as Nabil Shariff, Darryl Smith and Richard Bunting who all played a massive part in this success.

Up the Diamonds!!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed and pray for some divine inspiration for Egham tomorrow and Marlow saturday to give us a chance at adding something to the trophy cabinet - I'm already looking forward to K*ttering, daventry and corby next year!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

James Beil wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 am Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed and pray for some divine inspiration for Egham tomorrow and Marlow saturday to give us a chance at adding something to the trophy cabinet - I'm already looking forward to K*ttering, daventry and corby next year!
Don't get too excited. K*ttering yes (if they don't go up), but Corby are at Step 4 and Daventry at Step 5!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291