[ Sat 21st Apr ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Sat 21st Apr ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Ffs. We want publicity but not for this sort of thing.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

City lost again 1-0 at home tonight conceding a very late goal against Barton Rovers. That should fire up AFC Dunstable to get a result against Beaconsfield tomorrow evening.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Trek wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 pm City lost again 1-0 at home tonight conceding a very late goal against Barton Rovers. That should fire up AFC Dunstable to get a result against Beaconsfield tomorrow evening.
Should n't make Hayes so confident of beating Barton on Saturday either.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:13 pm
Ffs. We want publicity but not for this sort of thing.
Club Statement:

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/club-statement-apr18

Well done to the board for sorting this out so quickly and taking the right course of action, we don't need this sort of behaviour connected to our club, especially at a time like this.

Saturday may not have been the most exciting of games, but we did what we needed to do and I thought we did it superbly, it was an brilliant away win, get the goal needed and then completely take the sting out of the game in the second half and not allow the home team a sniff and to prevent the league's top scorers from even having a shot in the second half (if I'm not mistaken) was very impressive. It's like what I said a few weeks ago, I don't care how we win games, I don't care if we do it in the least entertaining way possible and get scraped ugly 1-0 wins and that's exactly what we did against Dunstable and Cambridge City, a penalty and a rebound goal was all that was needed and we got 6 priceless points to put ourselves on the brink of promotion and I couldn't be happier :good:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308