[ Sat 21st Apr ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Sat 21st Apr ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

James Beil wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:08 pm It's must-win for both of us for now then, maybe Beaconsfield will start feeling the pressure now? I didn't think we would be able to snatch the title from Beaconsfield at the death, but after they mucked it up today, perhaps luck is on our side!
Be a real turn up for the books if they only end up in the play offs. They face dunstable on Tuesday which won't be easy, then play on Thursday and Saturday. Fair play if they win all three matches.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

That Beaconsfield game must have been a humdinger. 3 penalties and 3 red cards
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

That was quite a way to complete a successful season on the road for the Diamonds. We got the goal at just the right time, and then approached the second half in exactly the right manner, ensuring we didn't just try to defend too deep. The substitutions helped us to close down the game, and look more threatening than we had done in the first period. Ben Heath and the Diamonds defence get yet another clean sheet - he would have been my MoM today, but goalkeepers don't always get the recognition they deserve. After a quiet start Joel did have a fine game (as did Luke on the other flank), so he's a good choice for MoM otherwise.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Watching paint dry ???? Up the diamonds
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Absolutely worst case scenario now is that we finish third and have two home games in play offs. But I really cant see that happening, in fact I think results elsewhere will go our way this week and we will be celebrating as Champions next Saturday...maybe even Thursday evening!!!.

Tough today but in second half I felt we were in control and allowed Cambridge absolutely nothing. I dont know why City stopped doing the long throws as they were the only strategy that caused us any problems in the first half. Another good game from Ben Heath....get those NLP votes in for him!!
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Excellent performance from the lads, excellent 3 points, dodgy keeper, there goalkeeper is dodgy, dropping the ball.

Nice to see Beaconsfield lose.

Let's win are last 2 games at home, let's win them, beat Aylesbury and Ashford, and see where it takes us. If champions icing on the cake, (main goal) in promotion.

So let's do it in style and win are last 2 games at home.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

gibston wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:51 pm Watching paint dry ???? Up the diamonds
Oh I dunno, the drunken almost punch up tried to liven it up . Job done move on.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Obviously ecstatic with the result. To win the past two games has showed excellent character and belief from all involved. I walked away from the game at Northwood thinking we were going to blow it but we’ve turned it around in style. Particularly pleasing today, as with Tuesday, was that once we got the lead we saw the game out relatively easily. Cambridge’s performance today was almost identical to the one at Hayden Road earlier in the season, starting well and causing problems but as soon as a goal goes in they stop playing. Strange, but i’m not complaining.

Maybe not officially but 3 points will be enough now and we can’t ask for a better opportunity than Aylesbury at Home on Tuesday. The title is also very much on the cards, Beaconsfield have a couple of tough games in prospect midweek.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
Rushdenjim