Ben Heath NLP Award

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Ben Heath NLP Award

Post by sussexdiamond »

The Non League Paper run the National Game Awards 2017-18 and one of the awards is for Goalkeeper of the Year, sponsored by Reusch.

One of those the NLP suggests could be nominated is Ben Heath. He has played in every one of our league matches conceding just 24 goals, keeping 19 clean sheets. Off the top of my head I cannot recall any game where his mistake has cost us a point. Even yesterday his mistake cost us a goal but he then redeemed himself with a great save to keep us in the lead.

If you would like to vote for Ben please e mail ngavotes@greenwayspublishing.com or on twitter #NGAvotes

The result is determined by the number of people who actually bother to vote, we have strong fan base so lets show our gratitude to him and bring this prestigious award to our club.

ps Could someone from the club post this on the club twitter account.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: Ben Heath NLP Award

Post by davealbon »

I wouldn't say the goal we conceded yesterday was Ben's mistake; it was just one of those freak incidents that you can't really legislate for.

I think he's had a decent season on the whole; solid but not spectacular. He's still very young for a goalkeeper though, and with the right coaching will get better and better.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I can understand why some people may have voted for Ben Farrell as MOTM last night, but had it not been for Ben Heath making two terrific saves prior to the penalty we would have probably lost.

Make sure you get those votes in to the NLP. The lad deserves some recognition for what he has achieved this season.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Don't forget to vote for Ben