[ Tue 17th Apr ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Tue 17th Apr ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 pm
Three of Diamonds wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:09 pm It was a bit like watching paint dry at times as we got stuck in a fight for the ball. I thought Sam Brown had a poor game by his standard but everyone else were plugging away.
A win's a win and when you're desperate . . .
Bit of an odd view TOD. It wasn't that boring, just a competitive game between two teams looking for promotion. Thought we just about edged it overall, with a strong finish to the first half and looking the more likely team to score. Great play be Farrell to get himself into the position in the box to draw the foul for the penalty. Although I'm sure he's taken better penaltys and missed, because if the keeper had of stood upright he would have easily saved it. I thought the back three were solid overall, not sure why you've singled out Sam Brown? If anybody had a poor game it was weir-daley, who offered very little although Robbins seems oblivious to try and provide him with any opportunities. Be surprised if he's retained for next season. In a similar role to Jon Stevenson. Comes with a reputation at having played at a higher level, but hasn't looked any better than what we've already got.

I cant agree with this. I said similar about Chris Dillon. Watch SWD's movement and anticipation. I'm not pointing fingers at you personally, but unless a striker does something spectacular once every 3 games people don't rate them. If SWD had started the season with us, and played in every game, he would've scored at least 25 goals by now- I'd put my mortgage on it. You have to look at our midfielders (with the exception of Farrell) and other strikers who are either not providing him with the service, not been on his wavelength or have gone it alone (Robbins rocket vs A.United for example, when he should've played Spencer in!)

Jon Stevenson was just lazy, and didn't want to adjust to the level he found himself at. Personally, I think that's a bit of an insult to SWD.

Not going to blame the Dunstable players for their antics on Tuesday, was a tight and edgy game. I will blame the referee though, who should've foreseen what sort of game it was going to be and nipped it in the bud. I actually thought that one player was going to be seriously hurt due to the lack of protection they were getting, even one of their lads has been showing off an impressive shiner on twitter this week and its a good job Luke is a particularly strong boy!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Tue 17th Apr ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:06 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 pm
Three of Diamonds wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:09 pm It was a bit like watching paint dry at times as we got stuck in a fight for the ball. I thought Sam Brown had a poor game by his standard but everyone else were plugging away.
A win's a win and when you're desperate . . .
Bit of an odd view TOD. It wasn't that boring, just a competitive game between two teams looking for promotion. Thought we just about edged it overall, with a strong finish to the first half and looking the more likely team to score. Great play be Farrell to get himself into the position in the box to draw the foul for the penalty. Although I'm sure he's taken better penaltys and missed, because if the keeper had of stood upright he would have easily saved it. I thought the back three were solid overall, not sure why you've singled out Sam Brown? If anybody had a poor game it was weir-daley, who offered very little although Robbins seems oblivious to try and provide him with any opportunities. Be surprised if he's retained for next season. In a similar role to Jon Stevenson. Comes with a reputation at having played at a higher level, but hasn't looked any better than what we've already got.

I cant agree with this. I said similar about Chris Dillon. Watch SWD's movement and anticipation. I'm not pointing fingers at you personally, but unless a striker does something spectacular once every 3 games people don't rate them. If SWD had started the season with us, and played in every game, he would've scored at least 25 goals by now- I'd put my mortgage on it. You have to look at our midfielders (with the exception of Farrell) and other strikers who are either not providing him with the service, not been on his wavelength or have gone it alone (Robbins rocket vs A.United for example, when he should've played Spencer in!)

Jon Stevenson was just lazy, and didn't want to adjust to the level he found himself at. Personally, I think that's a bit of an insult to SWD.
We'll people do sometimes see things differently, maybe I've expected a more instant impact with him having played at a higher level. But players dont always do well everywhere they go, but hes obviously a very good player as his record speaks for itself. I do however stick with my guns on the fact that he won't be retained next season.