[ Tue 10th Apr ] v Bedford Town, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Re: [ Tue 10th Apr ] v Bedford Town, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by Olly »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:14 pm Once we start scoring again I think it will open the floodgates and someone is going to get a whalloping. Just a matter of WHEN.
Not sure about a walloping given our form, but I do get the sense that we just need a lucky breakthrough or two to give us that boost and we'll start winning again, but that obviously needs to happen on Saturday and not when it's too late. And as frustrating as last night was, having looked back on it, I do agree with the comments that we were a bit unlucky and on another night would have won it, I still felt that we very much lacked the sort of fluidity and cohesion that we had earlier on in the season, there was a lot of giving the ball away, but we were the better side overall against one of the form teams in the division and it could turn out to be a valuable point at the end of the season.

All hanging in the balance now, things are very tense, but I still think we can definitely do it despite not winning in six.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: [ Tue 10th Apr ] v Bedford Town, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by mikerd »

Trek wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:19 am Our strikers seem to be getting a hammering on this board, however, I feel that this is being caused by a lack of creativity and quality of service to them. Crosses from wide were once again generally very poor and Spencer Weir-Daley is having no real goal scoring opportunities and living on scraps because we aren’t playing to his strengths and he hasn’t become a poor striker overnight as his record at higher level speaks for itself. Ryan Robbins, because he’s not starting, seems to be very frustrated by the time he makes an appearance. Tom Lorraine needs to be rested as he looks spent and Ben Farrell must start this Saturday, in place of Joe Curtis, partnering Ross Oulton in midfield who last evening showed our only goal scoring threat.
I agree with you, crosses/service into the box needs to be better, I think you might be right that Lorraine might need a rest.

Spencer Weir-Daley needs better crosses/service in the box, maybe it would be a good time to come up with a new forward partnership, between Ryan Robbins and Spencer Weir-Daley to get the best chance of scoring goals and winning, especially with Ben Farrell coming back, we've missed him.

Stats can help a player/team out, stats help player(s), teams out no matter what sport you play in.

We need to win on Saturday, we need to win, win win win win, bag the 3 points, we need to do that on Saturday, so let's do it, and bag the 3 points.

Not sure which result I want from the AFC Dunstable vs Cambridge City game, either a AFC Dunstable win or a draw.