[ Tue 10th Apr ] v Bedford Town, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Re: [ Tue 10th Apr ] v Bedford Town, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

therushden wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:30 am If you don't come, it'll be on. Sods law.
It is now 5pm. Don't think I can beat the M25 and get there for 7.45. Times like this we are grateful for Radio Diamonds.
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Tonight is now massive especially with Beaconsfeild game tonight postponed

they will be struggling to fit in all the games at this rate and their game on Thursday at Hanwell is likely to get postponed.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 105 times

Post by Olly »

Genuinely quite astonished this is on, much like others I'd accepted it was going to be off, particularly with most games elsewhere being off. Seriously well done to the ground staff for working miracles again! Really pleased though, didn't fancy our chances having to play four times in the last week, and even with our recent form I'm really looking forward to this one. And with all but one of our rivals being off, it is such a huge opportunity to reassert ourselves as prime promotion candidates and open a gap (albeit a small one) at the top up again.

Personally I'm not too concerned with the contrast in form between the two teams, we know we're a lot better than our last 5 games and to be fair we have a good record against the Eagles as well, it won't be an easy night for sure, it may not be particularly pretty either, but I have a good feeling about this one and hope we can all get behind the lads as much as we can and put aside our concerns and back them to a much needed win. I don't care about performance tonight, we're unlikely to just return to our form and performance from a few months ago overnight, three points is all that matters no matter how we do it.

Come on you Diamonds, do us proud and get the job done :clapping: :clapping:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Olly wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:53 pm Genuinely quite astonished this is on, much like others I'd accepted it was going to be off, particularly with most games elsewhere being off. Seriously well done to the ground staff for working miracles again! Really pleased though, didn't fancy our chances having to play four times in the last week, and even with our recent form I'm really looking forward to this one. And with all but one of our rivals being off, it is such a huge opportunity to reassert ourselves as prime promotion candidates and open a gap (albeit a small one) at the top up again.

Personally I'm not too concerned with the contrast in form between the two teams, we know we're a lot better than our last 5 games and to be fair we have a good record against the Eagles as well, it won't be an easy night for sure, it may not be particularly pretty either, but I have a good feeling about this one and hope we can all get behind the lads as much as we can and put aside our concerns and back them to a much needed win. I don't care about performance tonight, we're unlikely to just return to our form and performance from a few months ago overnight, three points is all that matters no matter how we do it.

Come on you Diamonds, do us proud and get the job done :clapping: :clapping:
Well said, a credit to everybody for getting the game on, (with Beaconsfield not playing) a chance to go 4 points clear, let's do it. :biggrin:
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/983741896240529408

Don’t forget to pick up your Player of the Season voting slip as you enter the ground this evening and see Stacey if you’d like to book Presentation Evening tickets - full details on the website.
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Bag of shite, 4th home game I've been to, Bedford were better organised. Play-offs look our best hope.
:hmmm:
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 81 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

FT 0-0.

A draw against Bedford in isolation isn't a bad result. But 4 points from the last 6 games is atrocious.
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

That, surely, is the league title gone. I've not been able to come to any of the games since Hayes & Yeading and Uxbridge, but listening in on Radio Diamonds it sounded as if in the first half we could have had half a dozen goals, and in the second half we kept missing glorious chances. Against those two teams we simply didn't create much at all, which is an improvement, but ultimately we need to stick the ball in the net.

At this point, I can't see us outdoing Beaconsfield, who probably can't believe their luck! Automatic promotion via the number two position has to be the target now, because this team is not going to win a playoff at the moment, particularly as those teams below us fighting for playoff spots build momentum.
Rushden123

Post by Rushden123 »

Another disappointing game watching the diamonds, we are absolutely useless in the final third since Ben Diamonds injury don’t think anybody realised how much he brought to the team and how important he was. Said it after Saturday if Dean can’t get on the pitch in front of the current 3 apparent strikers we are using he might as well leave. Talk about sticking with absolute rubbish and wondering why it’s not working.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 81 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Every team has a bad spell. Look at Moneyfields (Who
We now can't finish below btw). The fantastic run of form over the winter has afforded us this truly dreadful run of results. Matters are still in our own hands and despite the state of Hayden Road's drainage, we are the team with points on the board with others left having to fulfil 2 or 3 games a week from now on in.

Other teams will drop points and 3 wins MAY be enough - one of those MUST come on Saturday.