[ Tue 10th Apr ] v Bedford Town, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Tue 10th Apr ] v Bedford Town, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by therushden »

we had plenty of chances, just can't get the ball in the goal. russ had a good game, deserved a goal.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

James Beil wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:54 pm That, surely, is the league title gone. I've not been able to come to any of the games since Hayes & Yeading and Uxbridge, but listening in on Radio Diamonds it sounded as if in the first half we could have had half a dozen goals, and in the second half we kept missing glorious chances. Against those two teams we simply didn't create much at all, which is an improvement, but ultimately we need to stick the ball in the net.

At this point, I can't see us outdoing Beaconsfield, who probably can't believe their luck! Automatic promotion via the number two position has to be the target now, because this team is not going to win a playoff at the moment, particularly as those teams below us fighting for playoff spots build momentum.
Not sure what game you were listening to, we had chances but half a dozen goals in first half? At half-time we said it would be 0-0. We dominated in 2nd half but were far too wasteful with the ball.

Can't see us winning a play-off game. Dean must surely be given a chance.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Yeah, I find it bizarre how Dean isn't being given a chance, maybe he hasn't got the reputation of Robbins or SWD, but he'd damn well work harder than them at least and I'd say we need fighters now.

Another draw wasn't exactly the end of the world tonight, but obviously we really could have started winning tonight and it only puts the pressure on us for the last 5 games and we are just about in must win territory for every remaining game to gain automatic promotion now, but we won't do that by drawing every game. I see HW got two late goals tonight to win their game, the hallmark of a good team getting the goals when you need them most and on the same night we weren't good enough to do that which is worrying.

Desperately frustrated after that, we may have been unlucky to hit the post, but we still didn't manage to create too many clear chances and it's big missed opportunity to have gone 4 points ahead of the chasing pack meaning we will sadly be probably knocked off top spot on Thursday night. 2nd is undoubtedly our number 1 target now...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I don’t have a problem with that tonight. We played infinitely better than we have done in any of the previous games in this run and looked more like our old selves. Bedford were the form team in the league and we have dominated the game from start to finish.

Only slight problem is we have a set of strikers that can’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo at the moment.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Without checking the records. Is this the most league games we have ever gone without a win?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Rushdenjim wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 pm Every team has a bad spell. Look at Moneyfields (Who
We now can't finish below btw). The fantastic run of form over the winter has afforded us this truly dreadful run of results. Matters are still in our own hands and despite the state of Hayden Road's drainage, we are the team with points on the board with others left having to fulfil 2 or 3 games a week from now on in.

Other teams will drop points and 3 wins MAY be enough - one of those MUST come on Saturday.
Having kept getting away with draws and others failing to win, then your right on thus one that Saturday is a must win. Dunstable then Cambridge city to come, we can't expect to gain wins from those two matches. Personally I think we'll either finish third or our better goal difference may just edge up to second.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

In my 30 years of watching football this could well be the most embarrassing collapse I have seen. We have simply gone from having one hand on the trophy to being play off hopefuls. Our strike force is shocking, how do you pick fro Lorraine (shocking) to Robbins (shocking). Maybe Dean does deserve a chance. I can only hope that other teams failures will get us over the line!
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Should have won that, had chances, we need to put are chances away.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Interesting stats.

Partnership at front (between Lorraine & Robbins, in league) (15 starts)

Robbins 10 goals.
Lorraine 8 goals.

11 wins, 2 draws, 2 loses.

Partnership at front (between Lorraine & Weir Daley, in league (4 starts)

Lorraine 0 goals.
Weir Daley 1 goal.

0 wins, 4 draws, 0 loses.

Goals from starting.

Robbins 10 goals from 16 starts.
Lorraine 11 goals from 28 starts.
Weir Daley 1 goal from 4 starts.

It's a no brainer Robbins and Lorraine to start up front on Saturday.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I thought we generally played ok but we're so Jeckyll & Hyde at times. For 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half we looked like we were going to self destruct. Finishing has been awful ( with some great goalkeeping thrown in) and that's the problem at this time, along with the too many poor crosses.
This team is just heaping pressure on itself, it has to stay focussed now.
AFC R & D member number 34