[ Sat 7th Apr ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: [ Sat 7th Apr ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Can't comment as I weren't there other than 2 crucial points dropped. Now not the time to get on the managements back even though valid points being made regarding formation change and starting XI
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

I was there and it was abysmal. So deflated after Beaconsfield which seemed such a big improvement from Hartley.

Why it took our management so long to make an attacking substitution against such an abject outfit is beyond me. Players looked demotivated clueless and out of ideas. Robbins attitude when he came on summed it up, more interested in fighting their players than getting into the box to get the winner. To be fair if I’d lost my place to a player who played like SWD today I’d probably be in that mood too. There’s no way we’re going to go up if something doesn’t change quickly.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm I was there and it was abysmal. So deflated after Beaconsfield which seemed such a big improvement from Hartley.

Why it took our management so long to make an attacking substitution against such an abject outfit is beyond me. Players looked demotivated clueless and out of ideas. Robbins attitude when he came on summed it up, more interested in fighting their players than getting into the box to get the winner. To be fair if I’d lost my place to a player who played like SWD today I’d probably be in that mood too. There’s no way we’re going to go up if something doesn’t change quickly.
I have to agree with you. I guess the management are as puzzled as we are how we could turn into an excellent side mid season, then revert back to the bang-average side we looked before we discovered the three at the back approach. Quite why we've abandoned that, especially in order to play two players who are yet to cement a place at full-back I'm not sure. I was happy to see the Egham game as a blip, and the Hayes game as a defeat by a very good side, and don't think that should have resulted in the changes we've seen, both in formation and performance.
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

That's probably the title gone today. Beaconsfield have a game in hand and I can't see anyone beating them. I can't even see how we're going to win on Tuesday. It hurts after how well the rest of the season has been, but I think we're probably going out in the playoff semis.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by real diamond »

Embarrassing!!

The management team have to take responsibility for this, absolutely clueless.

After watching Robbins on the bench this afternoon and then for 20 minutes on the field, he really doesn’t respect anyone around him and looks like he couldn’t care less if we came 1st or 20th as long as he gets what he wants!

Another great away following let down by an awful display from the team and management.

What has happened to us, the outfield goalie never had a save to make in 30 minutes... shocking!
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

I listened in on the commentary today so don’t know 100% how we played.

Why have we become scared and gone to a 442? A 3 at the back has got us were we are so why???!!

Westbrook isn’t experienced enough, forget Ford for the moment. Let’s have 3 at the back bully,brown and blaze. Two wingers and shanks and robo up top. Why the change ? Know wonder we look a different side and out of ideas. Today we should of attacked like we were doing at xmas
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:09 pm
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm I was there and it was abysmal. So deflated after Beaconsfield which seemed such a big improvement from Hartley.

I have to agree with you. I guess the management are as puzzled as we are how we could turn into an excellent side mid season, then revert back to the bang-average side we looked before we discovered the three at the back approach. Quite why we've abandoned that, especially in order to play two players who are yet to cement a place at full-back I'm not sure. I was happy to see the Egham game as a blip, and the Hayes game as a defeat by a very good side, and don't think that should have resulted in the changes we've seen, both in formation and performance.
Bloody hell, I agree with Oundle Diamond.

Formic you and I often share a similar view of the game and you’ve taken the words right out of my mouth with regards to formation. Presumably we didn’t have Northwood watched because the 4-4-2 formation was totally unnecessary against a team that offered no width at all. I too am aghast that we have abandoned a formation that worked so well without any real justification.

A poor performance from team and management who left it much too long to make changes despite cries from all around of “make a sub”. To not have a shot on target from open play during the final 40 minutes, when the opposition have an outfield player in goal, is just criminal. This is where Peaks etc need to earn their money and show what they’ve learnt from a similar collapse that we suffered 2 years ago. Fortunately on this occasion we’re still in the driving seat although we’ve got one finger firmly on the eject button.

Didn’t appear to be much wrong with Ben Diamond at HT. How we could do with him right now.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Northwood were on the back of a six game losing streak and haven't won since January 13th, the perfect opportunity to get back to winning ways and it's extremely concerning we couldn't even beat them, another dismal result n doubt about it.

But we've got to stick by the team and management for Tuesday instead of feeling sorry for ourselves and ruling out promotion altogether because as poor as the last few results have been and as bleak as it looks right now, automatic promotion (forget the title, that's not the priority right now) is still (somehow) in our hands thanks to a few favourable results elsewhere. We haven't lost the last few games and by the sounds of things we matched and deserved a draw at arguably the best team in the division right now so it's not all bad, we just need a bit of luck and to somehow scrape together an ugly win on Tuesday night otherwise obviously we'll be playoffs bound as we surely will be knocked off top spot if we don't.

As delusional as it might sound, I'm remaining positive and players, staff and fans must do the same, it's not over yet...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

God if we end up in the playoffs I will cry 😭
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

This is exactly why we criticised management earlier in the season.
There's just time to turn it around but it must happen now. Failing to get an automatic spot is not an option without consequences.
AFC R & D member number 34