[ Sat 7th Apr ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: [ Sat 7th Apr ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by mikerd »

gibston wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:53 pm KEEP THE FAITH !! Agree with some of the above & knowone was more pissed off than me!! BUT with 6 games to go we all need to back the staff & players get right behind them & fingers crossed we can help get the job done!! We have to remember this is pretty much the same group of players & they have to take some responsibility ! Agree today we were poor for large parts of the game but like beaconsfield we still had more than enough chances to win both games with ben heath a spectator pretty much in both games!! We do look nervous & have gone to direct but also not having alot of luck on the pitch (but today had abit off it with other results) but thats what happens when results are hard to come by!! AGAIN agree with some of the above comments but we dont know what goes on behind close doors etc which may effect team selection!! But now ive had a few hours to think (yes im p***ed off) BUT more than ever we deffo need to now all pull together & do our best to push us on to promotion.....
I agree with you, gibston, (KEEP THE FAITH) let's win on Tuesday, let's win, beat Bedford and push on, (don't look behind) Farrell and Punter in/back in team.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

FOOTYMAN wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:04 pm A bag of shite.
Don't change a winning team or formation for the sake of giving new signings a starting place. They have to start on the bench and earn their place in the starting 11.
Change the formation and the team back to the one that was good enough for the title.

COYD
We didn't change formation until the Beaconsfield game, having picked up one point from the previous three games playing 3-5-2. So we didn't change a winning formation. Also, the only new players signed recently are a goalkeeper whose name escapes me and is unlikely ever to play; Brad Harris, who hasn't featured since his return; and Spencer Weir-Daley, a striker who started his first game on the bench, scored on his first start, and is our joint leading scoring striker (with one) in the past 6 games (despite only playing 4 of them). And whether we play 4-4-2 or go back to 3-5-2 we still play exactly the same number of strikers, so quite clearly haven't changed the formation for the sake of giving new signings a starting place.

Apart from these clear factual errors, great post!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

davealbon wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:36 am
Don't change a winning team or formation for the sake of giving new signings a starting place. They have to start on the bench and earn their place in the starting 11.
Change the formation and the team back to the one that was good enough for the title.

COYD
We didn't change formation until the Beaconsfield game, having picked up one point from the previous three games playing 3-5-2. So we didn't change a winning formation. Also, the only new players signed recently are a goalkeeper whose name escapes me and is unlikely ever to play; Brad Harris, who hasn't featured since his return; and Spencer Weir-Daley, a striker who started his first game on the bench, scored on his first start, and is our joint leading scoring striker (with one) in the past 6 games (despite only playing 4 of them). And whether we play 4-4-2 or go back to 3-5-2 we still play exactly the same number of strikers, so quite clearly haven't changed the formation for the sake of giving new signings a starting place.

A post from Footyman three weeks ago.
FOOTYMAN wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 pm I hope the weather is better than the forecast, this is only the 3rd game of the season that l can get to watch.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

COYD

I thought we changed about an hour into the game at Hartley Wintney - I recall saying that we needed to change things as we were in danger of going behind, and just as the change was about to be made we conceded the penalty. That was the right change to make in that game IMO, as the two players taken off were having an absolute mare, but it came rather too late.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Formic wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:57 pm

COYD

I thought we changed about an hour into the game at Hartley Wintney - I recall saying that we needed to change things as we were in danger of going behind, and just as the change was about to be made we conceded the penalty. That was the right change to make in that game IMO, as the two players taken off were having an absolute mare, but it came rather too late.

It was careless from Dolman, unlucky for the ball to go straight onto his hand like that, but he should never have put his arm up in the air like that.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273