[ Sat 7th Apr ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: [ Sat 7th Apr ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by gibston »

KEEP THE FAITH !! Agree with some of the above & knowone was more pissed off than me!! BUT with 6 games to go we all need to back the staff & players get right behind them & fingers crossed we can help get the job done!! We have to remember this is pretty much the same group of players & they have to take some responsibility ! Agree today we were poor for large parts of the game but like beaconsfield we still had more than enough chances to win both games with ben heath a spectator pretty much in both games!! We do look nervous & have gone to direct but also not having alot of luck on the pitch (but today had abit off it with other results) but thats what happens when results are hard to come by!! AGAIN agree with some of the above comments but we dont know what goes on behind close doors etc which may effect team selection!! But now ive had a few hours to think (yes im p***ed off) BUT more than ever we deffo need to now all pull together & do our best to push us on to promotion.....
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

Well said Gibson!

The one massive positive from yesterday was the way our Kelly took charge of the serious injury to the Northwood keeper. Even in the face of some revolting comments from our own supporters, her professionalism and that of our 2 regular first aiders and our players was outstanding. Well done all of you.

Now we need to get behind the lads, be loud and then a bit louder. We can still do this...
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Last week owing to circumstances we played 442 with Westwood and Ford, even though Ford had not played this year, but did we not learn from that game that neither are a patch on Punter. We should revert to 3 at the back, hopefully Farrell will be back. My biggest concern is the front two. Time for John Dean to be given a start. SWD is yet another mercenary like Berwick and Sandy. Tom is always a great trier but he for the last two games has lost his touch.
Rushden123

Post by Rushden123 »

Another fantastic following from the fans let down by a dismal performance by the management and players. Would love anybody to explain to me why we are playing 4-4-2 instead of the 3 at the back which served us so well. Dread to think what punter thinks watching that from the sidelines, if you are gonna play two in the middle Westbrook and Curtis are both holding players so it’s obvious to anybody there will be a lack of goals and creativity. Then onto a bigger problem which is our strike force which since the injury to diamond has looked abject and that’s being generous. Not seen much of Dean but surely he could do a better job than the other clowns that are playing up front at the minute. A return to 3-5-2 Diamond, Farrell
and Punter is needed ASAP!!!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I don't think the stop/start situation the team have found themselves in has helped. It can't be doing the players fitness any good, no amount of training will help that.

I honestly think without all the postponements we'd be laughing, and looking forward to competing at a higher level next season. Keep the faith!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

James Beil wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:11 pm That's probably the title gone today. Beaconsfield have a game in hand and I can't see anyone beating them. I can't even see how we're going to win on Tuesday. It hurts after how well the rest of the season has been, but I think we're probably going out in the playoff semis.
How the rest of the season has been?? In October apparently we were crap and needed wholesale changes. If after Moneybags on 2nd November when they were 7 points clear & had games in hand someone would have offered our next 23 games 16 W 4 D 3 L everyone would have ripped their hand off or called them mad. The 15 game run with 14 wins & a draw in a competitive league was a phanominal run which sadly has made some feel we were invincible. To say the league has gone is IMO a little silly. I’ve watched most of the top sides a few times and for me Beaconsfield are in my ratings about 5th best. They may win every game now & claim the title but I doubt it and frankly as long as we finish 2nd & go up I don’t care. After all H&Y with a massive budget I expected to get 90+ points and that’s now well out of range but I didn’t see the loss at Egham a draw at Home to Hanwell or yesterday’s defeat at Aylesbury Utd. We’re in a position that everyone in the club would have taken in August & I would suggest support & encouragement at this stage is what’s required. I’m looking forward to Step 3 football next season.
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

A bag of shite.
Don't change a winning team or formation for the sake of giving new signings a starting place. They have to start on the bench and earn their place in the starting 11.
Change the formation and the team back to the one that was good enough for the title.

COYD
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

I take it swd changed it all then
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:26 pm I don't think the stop/start situation the team have found themselves in has helped. It can't be doing the players fitness any good, no amount of training will help that.

I honestly think without all the postponements we'd be laughing, and looking forward to competing at a higher level next season. Keep the faith!
I don't totally buy this excuse, every team in this league has been stop start and we have played more games than others.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Disappointed result, felt we deserved the 3 points, let's go again, let's go again, push on and win on Tuesday, at home to Bedford.