Intriguing Events Elsewhere

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Intriguing Events Elsewhere

Post by Formic »

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Re: Intriguing Events Elsewhere

Post by sussexdiamond »

Chalfont won that game 3-0. I wonder who and why was the player banned.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:19 pm I wonder who and why was the player banned.
When I saw that the other day I presumed it was an ex Chalfont player who was now playing for Marlow who they had ‘issues’ with. Very unusual.

On another matter I still havn’t seen what the repercussions were from the Southern League for Bedford Town as a result of their players refusing to play in that match earlier in the season.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Trek wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:24 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:19 pm I wonder who and why was the player banned.
When I saw that the other day I presumed it was an ex Chalfont player who was now playing for Marlow who they had ‘issues’ with. Very unusual.

On another matter I still havn’t seen what the repercussions were from the Southern League for Bedford Town as a result of their players refusing to play in that match earlier in the season.
From what I understand the fixture has been reversed & Bedford have to travel to Fleet to play the game. If that is the only punishment I think they have got of lightly.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Brownie wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:36 am From what I understand the fixture has been reversed & Bedford have to travel to Fleet to play the game. If that is the only punishment I think they have got of lightly.
Bedford played away at Fleet on a midweek in January in place of the fixture originally arranged for Saturday 28th April although the attached is still showing the ‘home’ fixture will be still take place in Bedford. As you say if this is to be reversed to be played in Fleet then it is still a cop out on the part of the Southern League.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/bedf ... es-results