[ Sat 31st Mar ] v Beaconsfield Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 31st Mar ] v Beaconsfield Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Formic »

I thought Jack Westbrook had a great game, both in midfield and when he moved back into defence. The game was quite similar to when we played them at Hayden Road before we discovered that playing three at the back would take us on that great run. We were well worth a point looking at general possession, and there were signs that Lorraine and Weir-Daley might make a good partnership, but we didn't test their keeper nearly enough.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Match report from Beaconsfield Town.

https://www.beaconsfieldtownfc.co.uk/cl ... ash/bp486/
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Anyone managed to view the full 90 minute recording of the match? Interesting to see it again after watching it live. I think that the referee should have allowed us advantage on a number of occasions when we were in a good attacking situation rather than pulling it back for a free kick and the time wasting on the part of the Beaconsfield No 9 really backfired on them with regard to the amount of added time when we scored our equaliser. I should imagine the referee had to visit A & E after the match to have their No 6 and captain removed from his ear!
It was very poor to concede their goal when Ford completely fluffed his attempted clearance particularly when Beaconsfield presented very little danger generally throughout the match.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Trek wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:23 pm the time wasting on the part of the Beaconsfield No 9 really backfired on them with regard to the amount of added time when we scored our equaliser.
You would have thought someone would have told them about that, remember Holbeach and Wisbech. I still think the ref could have played another ten minutes in the Wisbech game.