[ Sat 31st Mar ] v Beaconsfield Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 31st Mar ] v Beaconsfield Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 31st Mar ] v Beaconsfield Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Mad Dog »

Don’t need to say this is a massive game which ideally we need to win to regain some confidence.

I suspect we would have had them watched, but surprisingly, Beaconsfield upload the full 90 minutes of their matches on YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCUMkGM_OZnW46yudF0gU8A
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Of the top seven on Saturday only Beaconsfield are at home, so expect some surprises.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Do we know what parking is like? Given their highest league attendance this season in 144 it might be a struggle with 200+ of us turning up.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

We need to go there, be positive, I can't see why we can't get 3 points at Beaconsfield, I can't see why we can't, take are chances, take them, and cut the silly mistakes out at the back.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Rushdenjim wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 am Do we know what parking is like? Given their highest league attendance this season in 144 it might be a struggle with 200+ of us turning up.
Hopefully the picture in the match preview will give you an idea - I can't remember if there was anybody marshalling the cars when we went there a couple of seasons ago. The picture and directions will also help people access the turning to the ground - some SatNavs don't recognise the turn towards the services in order to cross the dual carriageway after doing a 360 turn at the roundabout.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

heck of a lot of rain in past day or so. Hope their pitch is ok, with more rain forecast for tomorrow.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 am heck of a lot of rain in past day or so. Hope their pitch is ok, with more rain forecast for tomorrow.
Must be doubt I reckon if the forecast for more rain today and tomorrow in the Beaconsfield area is correct.

Hayden Road also hasn’t taken the weather very well with R & H’s game on Wednesday being called off and a short video by Mark Panter on twitter yesterday showed the pitch waterlogged at the Town end with the SW manhole being completely full and not draining away. Let’s hope it improves on Sunday to enable Monday's match against Bedford to go ahead.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The Beaconsfield manager, Gary Meakn, has retweeted positive news about the pitch, which bodes well. He’ll remember we were due to face his Egham side at the end of the season in 2016 that saw the Saturday game postponed and a difficult midweek trip a few days later
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Trek wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:36 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 am heck of a lot of rain in past day or so. Hope their pitch is ok, with more rain forecast for tomorrow.
Must be doubt I reckon if the forecast for more rain today and tomorrow in the Beaconsfield area is correct.

Hayden Road also hasn’t taken the weather very well with R & H’s game on Wednesday being called off and a short video by Mark Panter on twitter yesterday showed the pitch waterlogged at the Town end with the SW manhole being completely full and not draining away. Let’s hope it improves on Sunday to enable Monday's match against Bedford to go ahead.
Hate to say it, but the forecast for Monday looks dreadful :dry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638946

If it is anywhere near that bad then Monday's game will almost certainly be off, the weather over the last few months has been a real drag.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308