[ Tue 27th Mar ] v Uxbridge FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Tue 27th Mar ] v Uxbridge FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

therushden wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:04 pm What's with the long ball? It's like we don't know how to play.
The ref wasn't much cop but that performance isn't going to make everyone race down to Beaconsfield.
Ref was ok tonight. It's just not clicking at the moment and we played some sloppy balls. A very frustrating night.

SWD looks a good signing but he will need the service.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Anyone know how to do the Heimlich maneuver?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I can't believe we have gone from a team who had one hand on the trophy to potentially one of the biggest bottle jobs the league has seen. Unfortunately we seem a broken team, barely looking likely to win the next game. I wouldn't worry about the title or top two, we need to ensure we make the play offs!!! Yes, it is that bad. We can only hope we get enough points to limp over the finish line as any of the current play off teams will put us out of our misery based on our current performances.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Glad I've given myself a bit of time to take stock of the situation before posting. Yesterday wasn't great but we're still 3 points clear, effectively 4 if you include goal difference. The table doesn't look as bad as I thought it might.

This team doesn't become a bad team overnight, from where I was standing last night they just need to get some belief back in the way they play / want to play. Yesterday we were just punting long balls up the field and the first half in-particular was tedious. It was a bit like turning the clock back 12 months! We have an excellent footballing team and don't need to resort to that, I sincerely hope it wasn't the plan.

Saturday is our biggest league game since the play-off final 2 years ago and from a personal point of view, having only missed 1 game in any competiton this season, i'm devastated that I can't make it. I hope those that do go are loud as hell, optimistic and back the team from first to last because a win in that game would do us the world of good, not just in terms of the Table but also in terms of our confidence heading in to the run-in.

Based on home form only this season, Beaconsfield would be 10th.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sout ... table/home
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Shame you cant make it on Saturday BartonRaz. Hope you are able to tune in to RD, I will make sure you get a mention.
When the old R & D played at the Millenium Stadium I had to miss that game for family reasons, so can imagine how you must feel.

If Jacko and Farrell tweets are anything to go by then the players are well aware of the task ahead of them.

For my two pennorth I believe that Joel and Luke are close to burn out. They have both been fantastic playing the wing back position but maybe the defensive duties coupled with racing up and down the touchline has worn them out. It has also resulted in the back three not looking so sure of themselves as much as we have come to expect of them.

I would revert to 442 for next few games at least. let Joel and Luke free to attack defenders like they were doing up until a month or so ago.

Lets get down to Beaconsfield in numbers, we should easily treble their meagre home crowds. We need a positive rapport between players and fans as each rub off on each other. WE CAN STILL WIN THIS LEAGUE.[/b] :joy: :biggrin: :dance: :drinks:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 pm Not good enough again. We've got a good chance of not getting promoted again. Something needs to change and it needs to change now.
Over-reaction much? I'm assuming you mean a change in management? There is no use in doing that so late in the season. I have faith that Peaksy will turn things around, he's done it before when people on here were calling for change. He's the man for the job in my opinion.

The whole stop start situation we've found ourselves in hasn't helped. That affects the players match fitness, no amount of training sessions is going to help with that.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:20 am
ParcelFace wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 pm Not good enough again. We've got a good chance of not getting promoted again. Something needs to change and it needs to change now.
Over-reaction much? I'm assuming you mean a change in management? There is no use in doing that so late in the season. I have faith that Peaksy will turn things around, he's done it before when people on here were calling for change. He's the man for the job in my opinion.

The whole stop start situation we've found ourselves in hasn't helped. That affects the players match fitness, no amount of training sessions is going to help with that.
That's not what I meant at all! I meant a change in formation or a change in who's playing, whatever it takes to drag ourselves over the finishing line!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

ParcelFace wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:18 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:20 am

That's not what I meant at all! I meant a change in formation or a change in who's playing, whatever it takes to drag ourselves over the finishing line!
Okay, Sorry I misconstrued your comment! :blush:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Don't start messing with the formation now, we know what we were doing works. I expect management are reviewing the AFCRDTV footage to look at what has changed. IMO midfield has stalled so dropped back. We need to squeeze up onto the front foot and the wingers need to deliver better crosses early, rather than constantly turning back inside.
Against Uxbridge we lost our shape and panicked, learn that and put it right. Move on team, you ARE good enough.
AFC R & D member number 34
Diamond White

Post by Diamond White »

I’d just like to say how fantastic it is that our club has so many fans that see the positives especially after a tough few results as we head towards the end of the season.

The positivity from the fans is infectious, it feeds through to the players, management, the whole club who for sure are as keen as us to get over that finish line.

For me that’s what makes us one of the best clubs around. That applies this Saturday and every time the players cross the white line over the next few weeks.