[ Sat 24th March ] v Hartley Wintney, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 24th March ] v Hartley Wintney, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Formic »

That was the most disappointing of the recent setbacks, as we were completely second best against a side we'd outplayed earlier in the season. From early on it was clear the changes made since Tuesday weren't working and we had two or three players having a mare. Unfortunately we didn't react quickly enough to that, with the horse having bolted before the changes were made.
I suppose we haven't been behind too much this season, but compared to last season there isn't the same confidence we might recover when going behind.
Given Uxbridge rubbed salt into our wounds when we hosted them during our bad run two seasons ago we must focus totally on Tuesday's game rather than the Easter games.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I don’t think we should be tearing our hair out after two defeats against strong opposition. We’re still very much in control of our own destiny and could probably in reality lose at least 2 more and be fine.

Lose on Tuesday though and i’ll be saying the complete opposite.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 pm I don’t think we should be tearing our hair out after two defeats against strong opposition. We’re still very much in control of our own destiny and could probably in reality lose at least 2 more and be fine.

Tuesday is a must win now. With beaconsfield away on Sat, 8th place bedford and dunstable and Cambridge a few games after, they're gonna have to be hard fought wins. But we are still in control and have to get back to winning ways
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:47 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 pm I don’t think we should be tearing our hair out after two defeats against strong opposition. We’re still very much in control of our own destiny and could probably in reality lose at least 2 more and be fine.

Tuesday is a must win now. With beaconsfield away on Sat, 8th place bedford and dunstable and Cambridge a few games after, they're gonna have to be hard fought wins. But we are still in control and have to get back to winning ways
Agreed, because of the position we had got ourselves into, we could afford to lose a couple of games, but losing these two games means all of a sudden what was a commanding position at the top is looking fragile all of a sudden and those below us are ready to pounce. Tuesday is now a must win and with H&Y and Dunstable not playing in midweek it would still mean a five point gap between ourselves and third place, so it's still in our hands and looking good, as long as we beat Uxbridge...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

So disappointed with that today. Whilst we were unlucky on Tuesday we were very poor today, too many mistakes creeping into our game now and as for the quality and decision making it has become very poor. All we needed in these 3 tough games was a minimum of 4 points, we are going to struggle to get one at this rate. Can't be too harsh on us but we need a performance worthy of champions on Saturday.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

6 home games and 3 away games could be the key/way, be positive and get back to winning ways, with win on Tuesday and beat Beaconsfield on Saturday. (There's no reason why we can't)
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:12 pm From early on it was clear the changes made since Tuesday weren't working and we had two or three players having a mare. Unfortunately we didn't react quickly enough to that, with the horse having bolted before the changes were made.
It often puzzles me why our management are very slow to react.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273