[ Tue 20th Mar ] v Hayes & Yeading Utd, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
James Beil

Re: [ Tue 20th Mar ] v Hayes & Yeading Utd, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by James Beil »

Is there any news on Jack's injury? I've heard it was a hamstring problem, but whenever he takes a knock my first worry is "Has his knee gone again?"
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Personally I think we deserved a draw from the game, based on our second half performance. But H&Y looked fitter than us, and that ultimately won them the game.

Was nice to see an away crowd, and they added a bit of humour to their chants (I.e Whats’s it like to see a crowd) among others.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Decent game of football, they had much the better of the 1st half and we bossed the 2nd, main difference being Dombaxe's effort bobbled in, while Ryan's hit's the post and comes out. They are a good side who showed us enough respect to change from their normal 3 at the back and leave Toby Little on the bench and play a back 4. That said for me their 2 worst players were the 2 & 3 in particular Farquharson we just didn't get at him enough though not a surface for running with the ball. Though we deserved a point from the game but it all works out over a season and sure we have had the odd point this season we may not have deserved, back up and hopefully put in a performance Saturday to get back on track. For me lack of game time showed last night, some looked at us only having played 2 games in 24 days as a positive, I didn't and we were very slow out of the blocks not getting going till the 2nd half, they however after 3 games in 10 days were on it from the start. Never like getting beat but our position is still a very good one and we are a long way from being dependent on others.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

A sign of how Hayes are certainty going for a promotion spot this season, they weren’t a bad side when we played them at the end of October but 5 months later I reckon the No 11 Ismael Ehui was the only player to start both games for them.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Two Men in Search of the Beautiful Game video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2vL-L06V4
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Trek wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 pm Two Men in Search of the Beautiful Game video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2vL-L06V4
Love the videos, there ace/cool.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »