MATCH OFF [ Sat 17th Mar ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 17th Mar ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by The Godfather »

Should do the 'Pay What You Want' at the last game of the season.

Get a huge crowd in to watch us lift the trophy.
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: MATCH OFF [ Sat 17th Mar ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Only Diamonds game off involving the top seven.. So we can enjoy our afternoon watching opponents drop points. And of course all the thrills and excitement from Twickenham...yawn
.. :lazy:

H/t Beaconsfield lead Ashford 4-0
Dunstable lead Northwood 1-0
Camb City lead Uxbridge 1-0
Hartley W lead Moneys 1-0
CSP V hayes 1-1
Last edited by sussexdiamond on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Beaconsfield are 4 nil up vs Ashford.
AFC R & D member number 34
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

Any chance of a dramatic five-goal comeback at Ashford?

Given that both we and the Lankies have about twenty games altogether to play at Hayden Road in the last few weeks of the season, what is the plan if we keep getting cancellations? Will we have to play at a neutral venue? How many games can the league ask the team to play in a single week if they really start piling up?
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Sure we all expected Beaconsfield, Dunstable & Cambridge to win. The other results were ok for us, the most important thing is to finish in the top 2 so Hartley Wintney, Hayes & Yeading and CSP dropping points has to be good news. 7 points clear of 3rd with 2 games in hand is a nice position to be in.
No real need to panic on the game front yet, still got one free Tuesday before we are in 3 games a week mode. Would presume as we are a higher league our games will take priority over R&H which could cause them problems but hopefully this weather will break soon.
On the games played in a week, it won’t come to it but I guess the answer is 7, remember a few years back Gurnsey due to weather and a Vase run played about 12 in 17 days including something daft like Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Agree with Brownie, his post came up just as I was about to post exactly the same comments!

For automatic promotion we now need 20 points from 11 games as our GD is so superior to anyone else.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Brownie wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 pm Sure we all expected Beaconsfield, Dunstable & Cambridge to win. The other results were ok for us, the most important thing is to finish in the top 2 so Hartley Wintney, Hayes & Yeading and CSP dropping points has to be good news. 7 points clear of 3rd with 2 games in hand is a nice position to be in.
No real need to panic on the game front yet, still got one free Tuesday before we are in 3 games a week mode. Would presume as we are a higher league our games will take priority over R&H which could cause them problems but hopefully this weather will break soon.
On the games played in a week, it won’t come to it but I guess the answer is 7, remember a few years back Gurnsey due to weather and a Vase run played about 12 in 17 days including something daft like Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
They didn't play 7 in 7 days, but needless to say April and May in that season were busy for them. I think they only play their home games on weekends, for obvious reasons, so with so many to play, on the penultimate weekend of the season they were forced to play Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and on the very last weekend in May played Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, absolute insanity!

https://www.guernseyfc.com/results/2012-13
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Olly wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 pm
Brownie wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 pm Sure we all expected Beaconsfield, Dunstable & Cambridge to win. The other results were ok for us, the most important thing is to finish in the top 2 so Hartley Wintney, Hayes & Yeading and CSP dropping points has to be good news. 7 points clear of 3rd with 2 games in hand is a nice position to be in.
They didn't play 7 in 7 days, but needless to say April and May in that season were busy for them. I think they only play their home games on weekends, for obvious reasons, so with so many to play, on the penultimate weekend of the season they were forced to play Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and on the very last weekend in May played Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, absolute insanity!

https://www.guernseyfc.com/results/2012-13
I didn’t claim they played 7 in 7, your question was, what is the most the league can ask a team to play, my answer was, I guess 7, then I gave an example of the most games I could remember recently played by a team in a short period.