MATCH OFF [ Sat 17th Mar ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Sat 17th Mar ] v Aylesbury FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by therushden »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:56 pm We still have two Tuesdays, 10th and 24th. And I am confident we will be playing this weekend. Very little rain today and forecast ok for Friday and Saturday according to my weather app.
Little rain? It's rained loads. Hopefully it's looking drier tomorrow and sat. Fingers crossed.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

therushden wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:58 pm Little rain? It's rained loads.
Earls Barton must have it’s own micro climate. Elsewhere in Northants it’s rained through last night and most of today.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Trek wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 pm
Earls Barton must have it’s own micro climate. Elsewhere in Northants it’s rained through last night and most of today.
certainly no rain since early morning.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Hammered it down here yesterday late afternoon and some more last night, would think a dry, warm windy day required today to have a chance, that is assuming we don't get any snow or the pitch is frozen come tomorrow morning, getting slightly fed up with this bloody weather.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think we may need to re locate! Hardly any overnight rain and bright breezy day here. Maybe it's the south facing slopes, we even have a vineyard here! Seriously I wonder if we may have to play a couple of games elsewhere, Hillgrounds perhaps.?
?
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am
I think we may need to re locate! Hardly any overnight rain and bright breezy day here. Maybe it's the south facing slopes, we even have a vineyard here! Seriously I wonder if we may have to play a couple of games elsewhere, Hillgrounds perhaps.?
If we did have to consider that I doubt it would be an issue as on some sites that’s listed as our home anyway.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Bright and sunny today, just need to dodge some wintery weather tonight and tomorrow morning now.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Anyone know how the pitch is doing now? Even if it has recovered now to a playable state, it could very well be unplayable again come 3pm tomorrow with rain, possible snow and temperatures down to freezing tonight and tomorrow, so sadly I'd be surprised if it wasn't off yet again. Fingers crossed that will be the last of the bad weather and we can actually get on with our run-in without disruption after this weekend!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Olly wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:32 pm Anyone know how the pitch is doing now? Even if it has recovered now to a playable state, it could very well be unplayable again come 3pm tomorrow with rain, possible snow and temperatures down to freezing tonight and tomorrow, so sadly I'd be surprised if it wasn't off yet again. Fingers crossed that will be the last of the bad weather and we can actually get on with our run-in without disruption after this weekend!
Long range forecast for next week, Thursday to Sunday inclusive RAIN. Think we may be heading for at least one week of Thursday football.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

With the rain pouring down now likely to turn to snow I am resigned to no Footie tomorrow or Tuesday. My return back here to see three games looks like complete washout.