[ Tue 6th Mar ] v Thame Utd, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Tue 6th Mar ] v Thame Utd, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Difficult to see this being on but many other clubs in our league are reporting no problems with their pitches so fingers crossed.

I see Rowan Vine has left Hartley Wintney for Gosport Borough, which you'd think would be a blow to them.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 am Difficult to see this being on but many other clubs in our league are reporting no problems with their pitches so fingers crossed.

I see Rowan Vine has left Hartley Wintney for Gosport Borough, which you'd think would be a blow to them.
With the recent signing of Ryan Pennery from Moneybags and now Vine I guess Gosport are looking at only 1 team relegated from the Prem and Dunstable only 3 points above them with no budget, so it's worth spending a bit to try and ensure safety.

Don't know how much rain fell in Rushden yesterday, our way we had a lot late afternoon but not much since then, would think games a probability at the moment but any rain during the day could scupper that. Bloody hope it's on need some football to watch.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Game on :drinks: :clapping: :joy:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Good value for the 6-0 tonight!

I see Hayes lost 2-0.

Only worry, the injury to Sam!

Table is looking good though !!
F7785AFE-88F7-4F0A-B74A-B574456A99EB.jpeg
F7785AFE-88F7-4F0A-B74A-B574456A99EB.jpeg (119.66 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

About as good a return to play as you can ask for! The team now have the room to lose one along the way, but based on tonight I don't see many teams beating us - they were simply untouchable for large parts of the game tonight. A few more games like that and it'll be one hand on the pot...
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

What I guess everyone was hoping for but doubt many thought it would be that good & that convincing. An excellent performance though as always room for some improvement, bit of a surprise from Egham which helps the cause a little. 8 more wins gets the job done though I’m looking for 10 with the other 2 draws.
Not sure what went wrong with Thame, they looked good for 15 minutes & should have scored, major drop off after that & once the 2nd goal went in they were finished. Good to restrict them to 2 good chance & a couple of efforts from distance given there strikers are near the top of the league goal scorers West 20 & Goss 16, on that note having spread the goals around this season we finally have a player who appears on the list, Ben Farrell with 13.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I wasn't expecting that sort of game given some of Thame's recent results. Once the first goal went in it Thame really collapsed and we capitalised on it in a big way. Fair play to the defence who performed far better despite the fact no changes were made. A fantastic way to bounce back from the result at Egham whose result against Hayes & Yeading is not only helpful for us, but perhaps puts our result there in to perspective a little bit on a really dodgy pitch.

I think that's Ryan Robbins' third hat-trick since he's been here. It seems he either plays extremely well or is largely anonymous, there's no middle ground. I'm guessing but you might have to go back to the days of Darren Collins to find the last time a player scored 3 hat-tricks in a season, and Ryan's done it in just 19 games. He's also now our top goalscorer in all competitions with 15, just ahead of Shariff (14), Lorraine (14) and Farrell (13).

The players certainly turned up but the attendance was disappointing. Our worst home league attendance since January 2017, despite the fact we've had very little football at home lately and we're top of the league.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
supersub

Post by supersub »

So what was the attendance out of interest?
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

supersub wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 am So what was the attendance out of interest?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Brownie wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:39 am
supersub wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 am So what was the attendance out of interest?
By our usual standards it was poor when we could confidently expect 475-500 if it was a Saturday fixture. That’s the way of the world nowadays for midweek fixtures - the draw of televised live Champions League matches, reluctance of fans to travel, work commitments etc meaning that rearranged midweek matches must be a significant hit to our finances.

Nevertheless the biggest Step 4 attendance of the evening.