[ Sat 17th Feb ] v Chalfont St Peter, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: [ Sat 17th Feb ] v Chalfont St Peter, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

I enjoyed Saturday and thought it was a decent performance, listening to comments around the ground a few didn’t appear happy with how deep we played in the 2nd half. To me CSP are a good side who have plenty of pace, they would have probably wanted us to have lots of the ball, play very high and then try and catch us on the break. Once we lost our accustomed control of midfield which is not a criticism but it happened & dropped very deep they didn’t appear to have a plan B. For all the procession they had, hardly a chance was created and at times some looked lost for ideas. I know at 1-0 sitting deep does look risky but the more the game went on the more we looked like reversing any envisaged plan and catching them on the break, defending as a unit is an underrated art sometimes but Saturday was another good display of it by a team who this season appear to have mastered it better than most.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

It was the sort of performance we have not been accustomed to - in previous seasons we would probably have drawn, or even lost that game.
We defended very well as a unit and kept Chalfont outside our penalty area. The few attempts they had in the second half were all from distance, and Heath had only one save in anger towards the start of the half.
The only criticism might be that we didn't keep the ball slightly better at times.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Excellent home win, we need to keep bagging the 3 points, with other teams winning around us.