[ Sat 10th Feb ] v Arlesey Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 10th Feb ] v Arlesey Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

UttoDiamond

Re: [ Sat 10th Feb ] v Arlesey Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by UttoDiamond »

Diamond back in - or does Robbins keep his place - or maybe time for Robbins and Diamond up top?
AFC R&D Member Number 444
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

UttoDiamond wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:54 pm Diamond back in - or does Robbins keep his place - or maybe time for Robbins and Diamond up top?
Really tough one with the strikers, whoever is left out is going to feel hard done by. Personally i'd play Diamond and one other.

I was looking at the stats so far this season and it's interesting to see that Ryan Robbins' goals per game ratio since he joined is better than Nabil's was before he left. Currently averaging a goal every 0.8 games compared to Nabil's goal every 0.77 games. Not bad going! Robbins has also got more assists than Shariff in 3 fewer games.

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/201718-playe ... atch-stats
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

I'd stick with shanks and diamond. Whatever pairing peaksy goes with, we've an impact coming on from the bench.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 pm
UttoDiamond wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:54 pm Diamond back in - or does Robbins keep his place - or maybe time for Robbins and Diamond up top?
Really tough one with the strikers, whoever is left out is going to feel hard done by. Personally i'd play Diamond and one other.

I was looking at the stats so far this season and it's interesting to see that Ryan Robbins' goals per game ratio since he joined is better than Nabil's was before he left. Currently averaging a goal every 0.8 games compared to Nabil's goal every 0.77 games. Not bad going! Robbins has also got more assists than Shariff in 3 fewer games.

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/201718-playe ... atch-stats
I'd be interested to see goals per game versus percentage of games in which a player scored - if someone scored five times in one game it would throw their goals per game madly out of line.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I consider Diamond a better all round player but Robbins is proven goalscorer and against a team like Arlesey he would fancy his chances. If expect to start with Ben and Tom but should game be sorted by HT then one of them could give way to Robbins...maybe both of them and Dean get a decent run out. But let's take nothing for granted they have caused us problems in the past.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Five of the top seven should not drop any points tomorrow but on sunday AFC Dunstable are at home to Hartley Wintney.
Arlesey v AFCRD
Barton v Beaconsfield
Egham v Cambridge City
CSP v Moneyfields
Hayes v Bedford

On Tuesday three of the top seven are all away to "easy" opponents so any points dropped will be a bonus for us.

Egham v Hayes
Fleet v Hartley Wintney.....a real local derby
Hanwell v Beaconsfield

The current form team are Chalfont whom we play next week with six successive wins.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Having watched them against Hayes and Yeading, if we apply ourselves and arrive with the right attitude we’ll hammer them! We have to be focused and professional and not take it for granted that we simply need to turn up for the points.

Hayes stuffed them 1-9, we should too. I’m not being disrespectful to them, but they were atrocious.

I’m not expecting 9 goals, that was a freak result in awful conditions - but if we don’t win by 4+ I’ll be disappointed.

They drew with us previously, but we weren’t “at it” that night, plus I think they played beyond themselves - I’m confident it’ll be different tomorrow.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm Five of the top seven should not drop any points tomorrow but on sunday AFC Dunstable are at home to Hartley Wintney.
Arlesey v AFCRD
Barton v Beaconsfield
Egham v Cambridge City
CSP v Moneyfields
Hayes v Bedford

On Tuesday three of the top seven are all away to "easy" opponents so any points dropped will be a bonus for us.

Egham v Hayes
Fleet v Hartley Wintney.....a real local derby
Hanwell v Beaconsfield

The current form team are Chalfont whom we play next week with six successive wins.
Bedford are on a 5 game winning run so though unlikely I wouldn't totally rule out them getting a point at H&Y, as an outside bet I may be tempted to have a punt on Moneybags getting something at CSP, their dreadful run has to end at some point, and though CSP are as you say on a good run it's been, a couple of very very late goals V Northwood, very late goals to win at Hanwell, 2 late ish V Arlesey, 1-0 V Egham, 2-0 V Aylesbury and the very good 2-0 V Dunstable, prior to that a 0-0 with Fleet, most of that list in your words are "easy opponents" so yes they have been winning but I would only refer to the Dunstable result as anything special. Cambridge blow hot and cold so to completely scupper your predictions I'm going 2-2 with Egham.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I'd like to see Diamond & Robbins start up front and give Tom a rest ready for the run in. We have to push on tomorrow but any win will do for me.
AFC R & D member number 34