MATCH OFF [ Sat 3rd Feb ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 18 times

Re: MATCH OFF [ Sat 3rd Feb ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by StaceyH »

To be fair, the game wasn’t in any doubt all morning. By the time it was the match referee and his assistants, players, management and club officials from both sides were already at the ground and supporters who have to travel were already on their way. If we’d called a pitch inspection earlier, a referee would have passed it as playable but as always the final decision rests with the match referee. He and his team spent quite a while looking at it before making the decision.

Unfortunately, we can not postpone a game due to the forecast and League rules dictate when the match referee should arrive at the ground. It’s frustrating and disappointing but these things happen - who remembers travelling all the way to Macclesfield many years ago or getting most of the way to somewhere else (was it Forest Green or Yeovil?) only for the game to be called off?
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: MATCH OFF [ Sat 3rd Feb ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Formic »

I remember sitting in the Macclesfield Car Park in a monsoon. The worst call-off I can remember was the Oxford one on a Bank Holiday when it was 7 degrees but they'd allowed it to freeze and not thaw properly. Wasted trips to Leatherhead, Mansfield, Bury and Salisbury spring to mind too, (as well as the fog at Grays), so I supoose its just one of those things that will always be a source of frustration.