[ Sat 27th Jan ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

Chuffed to bits (again). Not only to win, but to beat that lot and have the last laugh following their antics from earlier in the season - most of which carried on today. Sounds like they have some good guys behind the scenes but their players are really letting them down. Full credit to the groundstaff for getting the game on - and to the ref for rendering it playable despite protestations from the home side.

We played the conditions excellently. To be honest, if we can win so comprehensively on a pitch like that, against a team that treated the game as if it was the FA Cup final, then that speaks volumes. Everyone was outstanding and Ben Diamond put a great shift in again, but what a player Jack Westbrook is. My MOM personally with Joe Curtis not far behind. The latter has really raised his game in the past couple of months. In my 22 years following the Diamonds I can't remember us ever having a team quite so dominant.

On paper, next week's fixture against Dunstable is a massive game. Win that and we'll put some real daylight between us and them with two games in hand. That task will be made all the more difficult given Luke Fairlamb will miss out through suspension. He's integral to the way we play and it'll be interesting to see how we cope with his absence.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I'd agree with all of that. There were some good people behind the scenes at Moneyfields - you wonder what they really make of the antics of management and players.
Jack Westbrook has been a really excellent addition to the side, and I agree that Joe Curtis has really impressed too.
Luke Fairlamb will really be missed - his contribution to the first goal was impressive, but almost as much was his covering across when the Money's built on the left then put in a cross which would have been a free header had he not helped out in defence.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:40 am Luke Fairlamb will really be missed - his contribution to the first goal was impressive, but almost as much was his covering across when the Money's built on the left then put in a cross which would have been a free header had he not helped out in defence.
When does his, presumably 3 match, ban for violent conduct kick in? It will be interesting to see who gets the replacement starting berth and whether this will necessitate a change in playing formation. Perhaps Andy will simply select Ben Ford if he feels he could cover ‘like for like’ or include Ross Oulton who I noticed played a full part for Daventry in their 3-1 win at PNS yesterday?
Alternatively he may use Ben Diamond in the wide role and recall Ryan Robbins.

Decisions.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Trek wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:52 am
Formic wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:40 am Luke Fairlamb will really be missed - his contribution to the first goal was impressive, but almost as much was his covering across when the Money's built on the left then put in a cross which would have been a free header had he not helped out in defence.
When does his, presumably 3 match, ban for violent conduct kick in? It will be interesting to see who gets the replacement starting berth and whether this will necessitate a change in playing formation. Perhaps Andy will simply select Ben Ford if he feels he could cover ‘like for like’ or include Ross Oulton who I noticed played a full part for Daventry in their 3-1 win at PNS yesterday?

Decisions.
The player stats have Luke suspended 6 Feb only, which of course would just be the Hillier Cup match. If that is the case then no great harm done.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

That's provisional based on getting info from the match referee via the management / secretary and confirmation by the FA. I think it will be a 3 match ban starting with the Dunstable game, but that will be confirmed in due course.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Would the Senior Cup count as one of the matches he misses, at our current level, if the ban starts this Saturday and he gets a 3 match suspension. I seem to recall that in the old RDFC days the Senior Cup didn’t count if a player was suspended.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:52 am

Decisions.
Not sure what his fitness level is at right now, but maybe Claudiu hoban is an option. Proper left sided player, so like for like. I think peaksy will play ben diamond out there personally and Robbins back up front.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Only problem with Claudiu in the wing back position is I can't see him tracking back and doing the defensive side of the job, which Fairlamb does so well.

I'd be tempted to play Brownie there and bring back Punter at centre half. That would allow Bully to return to the central position too.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

davealbon wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:51 pm Only problem with Claudiu in the wing back position is I can't see him tracking back and doing the defensive side of the job, which Fairlamb does so well.

I'd be tempted to play Brownie there and bring back Punter at centre half. That would allow Bully to return to the central position too.
That is true, very difficult to replace him if your going to stick with a wing back position. Hopefully it's only a one game ban so there's only a decision to be made the once.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

That’s very sensible for you Dave and a workable option. Much will depend on the Refs report he may not have seen it as violent conduct, given he didn’t see the initial foul committed after the halftime whistle as a booking as that would have also led to a red. Luke knows he got it wrong and I’m sure it won’t happen again he’s a sensible lad but at 24 let’s be honest we all had a shorter fuse, and getting kicked does become boring. All in all it was a hell of a performance on a dreadful pitch which if we had only traveled 40 miles would have been called off. After promotion having walked their previous league & a flying start at step 4 Moneybags have now shown themselves to be little more than a bunch of diving overpaid (budget £2,500.00) bang average mid table jokers with the odd premadona who may appear in the Vase shortly for a local step 5 side. 16 to go win 12 it’s job done.
Last edited by Brownie on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.