[ Sat 27th Jan ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am pretty sure that Claudio is not available.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Brownie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 pm...Much will depend on the Refs report he may not have seen it as violent conduct...
The only offences that warrant a straight red are denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity (1 match ban), dissent (2 match ban), serious foul play, violent conduct or spitting (all 3 match bans). It seems unlikely that Luke's red was for dissent, and it certainly wasn't for DOGSO, so I think we can expect him to be sitting out 3 games, starting with Dunstable.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Bit late to the thread. Thought everyone was immense on Saturday. Despite the awful condition of the pitch, we tried to get the ball down and played in the right way. Heath's kit was almost as clean at the end of the first half as it was when he walked out the changing room!

Had we have scored the penalty and remained with XI on the pitch they would have been dead and burried! The sending off of Fairlamb must have given them a bit of a lift. Won't blame him too much for it, yes it was silly but he had spent the last 45 minutes been fouled every 5 minutes.

I missed their goal as I was still in the bar, as were most of their "fans". We didn't hear the roar of their fans outside either. It made the 2nd half a bit more tense but thankfully Moneyfields kindly gave us another chance from the spot to settle those nerves!

Few observations from the day.
The Moneyfield's volunteers were great, from the stewards, the football card guy and the bar staff.

Any other day that game would have been postponed but I suppose Moneyfields wanted their cup final and shot at glory!

The pub down the road lost out on £100+ by not allow away fans in!

The person who runs the Moneyfields twitter is a moron. They seemed more interested in using twitter to stir things (violence) up between fans rather than actually using it as a useful tool to promote the club! (Their twitter feed has been very quiet the last 2 days)

If you are feeling ill or hurt at any stage in life, simple lay down on the Moneyfields pitch and all your problems will be healed instantly! "It's a miracle!"

And finally
Popworld Portsmouth lived up to all expectations!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Dowlo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:51 pm
The person who runs the Moneyfields twitter is a moron. They seemed more interested in using twitter to stir things (violence) up between fans rather than actually using it as a useful tool to promote the club! (Their twitter feed has been very quiet the last 2 days)
Their last tweet was timed at 2.59pm on Saturday. Has anyone reported him missing to the Police? :joy:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Oh dear those delightful lot on the south coast are getting stuffed again, I’m going a top 10 finish at best. This league is all over the place after the opening 3 months nobody would have predicted what has happened to Moneybags, also today Chalfont SP who beat Dunstable 2 weeks ago are 2-0 down at the mighty Hanwell.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Brownie wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:11 pm Chalfont SP who beat Dunstable 2 weeks ago are 2-0 down at the mighty Hanwell.
Great second half come back to win 3-2 though.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Just the solitary tweet from Moneyfields this afternoon and that was to announce their line up.

‘Tweet when you’re winning you only tweet when you’re winning!’ :joy:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Any faint hope they may have had of hanging onto a playoff spot has just about gone now, Ryan Pennery has departed to Gosport. And no I didn’t get that from the official Moneybags Twitter feed as I think he’s away at sea with the Portsmouth sailors.
Last edited by Brownie on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

No chance then of them doing us a favour against Dunstable today?