Richard Bunting...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Richard Bunting...

Post by BartonRaz »

They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: Richard Bunting...

Post by Brownie »

Didn’t appear very happy when I spoke to him at Bedford, I know the are a few who don’t rate him as highly as I do but he will be missed. 145 games many of those played when others may not have done as he regularly played when carrying knocks. For me there have been games this season when he’s been as good as at anytime in the past 4 seasons especially the big matches when he always managed to find that bit extra. Will miss him as someone I could always have a conversation with after a game regardless of how he or the team had performed. All the best to him and I’m sure he’ll be a massive asset to Wisbech and will start every week which is something given he’s not 21 anymore that will be important to him. Has he left full stop or is it duel registration.
Wonder who Pressmans new victim will be as Bunt’s had the pleasure of being that for most of his time with us.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

A great club servant and captain and I wish him well but it was very clear once Westbrook had been signed that his starting appearances would be limited.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

That's a bit harsh Brownie LOL!! I've only posted a few times on here!

Next 'victim' on here? uhm..... you wont be surprised to learn that I have absolutely nothing or nobody to complain about at the moment as the boys move towards promotion.

No I wasn't a fan of Bunts but I know how highly the management team thought of him and how popular he was in the dressing room. That is much more important than my view.

My biding memory of Bunts will be the goal he scored against Northwood a few weeks back and then the comments afterwards in my direction.

I might have deserved the reaction I got - I actually enjoyed it! -but it proved beyond doubt that while he wasn't my cup of tea, Bunts always wanted to be a winner every time he stepped onto the pitch.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Best of luck to Bunts, played well when needed to this season, but at his age and with Westbrook a more than adequate replacement, maybe the time was right to move on. Thanks for your fantastic contribution over the last four years!!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

UttoDiamond wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:40 pm Best of luck to Bunts, played well when needed to this season, but at his age and with Westbrook a more than adequate replacement, maybe the time was right to move on. Thanks for your fantastic contribution over the last four years!!
I'll echo that. I'd seen him lift the UCL title with Long Buckby, and was confident he'd do the same with the Diamonds. Who can say whether we'd still be at step 4 had he not missed our play-offs in the past two seasons.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Bunts has been class for us,great player & if im honest been class this season for us. Been alittle unfortunate with injuries but at his age he wants to play football which is understandable! All the best bunts......
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Probably not as popular as some players but he always did a job, always committed and wanted to win every ball . Liked to get in the refs ear a lot.
All the best, Wisbech have gotten themselves a great player.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Was a solid performer for the club and probably never quite hit his career best due to the many injuries he'd suffered during his time. Been there during competition wins, club captain and turned out for 5 of the 6 afcrd seasons. If there was a best ever xl, he would be in the starting line up no doubt.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Thanks fpr your service Bunts and good luck for the future.
AFC R & D member number 34