Richard Bunting...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: Richard Bunting...

Post by sussexdiamond »

Not just a great servant and player for the club but someone who always had time to chat with supporters and chipped in with some crucial goals. His presence around the club will be sorely missed.... especially by Elly! Thanks for everything Richard and be sure to come back in April for the celebrations if you are not tied up at Wembley
I
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Wasn't my favourite player towards the end, but I certainly appreciate what he has done for the club on the pitch over the past few years, particularly his first 2 years with us during which time he was immense. I didn't realise he was 36.

As has been said above if there was a best XI of AFCR&D players he'd certainly be in it - as captain! :clapping:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Redrobbo

Post by Redrobbo »

Whenever I've spoken to him, his passion for the game is evident. A great servant for the club, always seeking to play even when carrying an injury. I wish him and his family well for the future and who knows if we'll see him again in a management role! He has, true to form, been in touch with Ellie so it's made it easier for her; though she's angling for the occasional trip to Wisbech! Gonna be working on her no longer having favourite players, it's too much to cope with .... For me, that is!
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Redrobbo wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:48 pm Whenever I've spoken to him, his passion for the game is evident. A great servant for the club, always seeking to play even when carrying an injury. I wish him and his family well for the future and who knows if we'll see him again in a management role! He has, true to form, been in touch with Ellie so it's made it easier for her; though she's angling for the occasional trip to Wisbech! Gonna be working on her no longer having favourite players, it's too much to cope with .... For me, that is!
The fact that he took the trouble to contact Ellie speaks volumes for him as very nice man.
diamond.diva
Has Liked: 74 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by diamond.diva »

A great servant to the club and a thoroughly nice guy. What a thoughtful thing to do. My first comment to Alan when it was announced was “Ellie will be upset”.
I’ve a couple of photos of Ellie & Bunts from Yaxley if you want me to email them to you Rob.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

He game to the club three years too late in his career in my opinion.

Still a great player and a better human being.
Redrobbo

Post by Redrobbo »

The pics would be great as she is putting a little memory video together!
Rob
diamond.diva
Has Liked: 74 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by diamond.diva »

If you’re on FB messenger i can send them via that or you can message me your email address , via a message on here if that’s easier.