Ben Heath

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Ben Heath

Post by sussexdiamond »

It is now 5 games 450 mins since Ben Heath conceded a goal (Calum Westwood og ). He has set a personal record for a AFC R &D keeper, although the team still have a bit more do as the current record is 625 mins. In the nearly 7 game run back in our first UCL season Diamonds used both Ash Foulger and Quincy Showumni during that run. So we'll done Ben. Only Man Utd and Man City have conceded less goals than Diamonds in. League matches. ( Heybridge Swift's have only conceded 9 but have only played 11 games)
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: Ben Heath

Post by Pigman »

Great credit to Ben, but also to the back 4 (more recently 3) who play in front of him - he has been ably protected - in truth the whole team takes credit for this - we defend from the front!!

Still a great achievement though :good:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

We end the season as the club with the fewest goals conceded in the top 8 levels in the country - just 25 in 42 league matches. Manchester City have now conceded 26 goals in 35 league matches and still have 3 matches to play.

Congratulations to Ben Heath and the rest of the team, an incredible record at any level of football. :clapping:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

25 goals conceded over the course of a full season is an utterly ridiculous record. Our defence and goalkeeper have been magnificent this season. Ben Heath regularly has 15-20 minute spells in matches with little or nothing to do but is never found wanting in terms of concentration. Hopefully we’ve got a Goalkeeper there that we can stick with for many years.

Thought it was worth giving a specific mention to Blaize Punter. After what I saw in pre-season I never expected what was to follow with him. He was immense from the moment he was thrown in and despite spending lengthy spells out of the team when he got back in it didn’t take him long at all to find his rhythm again. Another bright prospect and a player I hope will be here next year.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Don't forget to vote for Ben in the NLP keeper of the year. Either by email or Twitter.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Probably something to debate, given the way he has developed but is it worth putting him on contract? Given his young age for a keeper, if he continues to develop, sooner rather than later someone might take an interest in him.

Whilst he's had an excellent defence in front of him this year, he has in the main been reliable when called upon.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

I 100% agree, great credit has to go to Ben Heath and the defence for only conceding 25 league goals thought out the whole season. :clapping:
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Grant Smith of Boreham Wood won the award.
Basil

Post by Basil »

I must admit I’ve been slightly critical of Ben Heath this season but after watching Loris Karius’ performance last night I will never ever criticise BH again!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Basil wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:59 pm I must admit I’ve been slightly critical of Ben Heath this season but after watching Loris Karius’ performance last night I will never ever criticise BH again!!!
In what way were you critical of him? Hardly ever let the side down IMO, let in 1 howler against Aylesbury United but it didn't matter in the end