[ Sat 2nd Dec ] v Hartley Wintney, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Dec ] v Hartley Wintney, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 pm The kidsgrove match was a very poor and disappointing performance and it didn't look as if peaksy had any other game plan or "plan b". I was of the opinion that he would guide the team to play offs but wouldn't get us promotion, but as an lifelong rdfc and afcrd fan all I want to do is see the club be successful in every way, so one thing I do not mind is to be proven wrong. The change of personel, formation and character has been a massive upturn since that fixture, that he may well be able to take the team up from this league. Still s long way to go but things are looking a lot rosier!
I did notice a new person in the dugout during the Northwood game and was told he was covering for Lambie. At first I thought he was part of the Northwood bench as he was so vocal.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Dec ] v Hartley Wintney, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Formic wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:47 pm It's interesting to hear Andy Peaks' thoughts after the match concerning how he is managing his squad. Keeping the fringe players "match ready" is a big challenge, but one that Andy seems to have managed well from the UCL days. He's clearly keeping his feet on the ground following the splendid run of results too.
I wonder if one or two of those who fired off in the post-FA Trophy thread http://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7965 - have moderated their opinions now. I'll admit I am far more confident about things having had to wait until the Northwood game to see a home victory at Hayden Rd, before which I was fearing for a repeat of last seasons' fine away form coupled with average home performances. Given the number of "experts" who seemed to still find plenty to moan about during Saturday's game I'm not sure that will be the case though.
There's nowt wrong with having a moan, it relieves the frustrations and gets it out of the system. At that time this team needed a prod from the fans (let's be honest we don't complain THAT much). Credit where it's due the manager has acted and now we are looking like a real football team again. Farrell is the best midfielder I've seen since McElhatton and Hanlon. Great engine, very quick at closing down and can wallop a ball like Onandi Lowe. This team is good enough to win this league, I've said that since pre-season, it just needed to believe it.
AFC R & D member number 34