[ Sat 2nd Dec ] v Hartley Wintney, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Dec ] v Hartley Wintney, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by MarkH »

Moneyfields lost to Bedford 2 - 0

An unexpected result!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

MarkH wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:08 pm Moneyfields lost to Bedford 2 - 0

An unexpected result!!
Wheels are starting to come off! Looks like our biggest threat currently is beaconsfield then, who are the only team to beat us at home.
Another decent result today, although we may not have got the victory if they'd have kept 11 on the field. We seem to be well adapted to this formation now, with fairlamb and gyasi causing problems for the full backs every game. Two great finishes for the goals today and I think Farrell may well have been motm with that performances. Ben diamond was involved in both goals, think there has to be a place for him soon, we don't want to lose him. Only possible sour note is that bunting left the field just before half time, hopefully it was only a knock.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Bunting is suspended for Wednesday so today was a good time to give Westbrook some minutes. Another well fought match, another 2-0 and another 3 points.
, another clean sheet. From commentary sounded as Hartley were strong opponents. Shame about poor old Moneyfields!. Now we need to focus on the next 4/5 games and take nothing for granted. In fact let's see if we can build a lead over the others starting Wednesday as none of the others have a midweek match.
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

I'm trying not to get carried away until the end of December, since that's usually when the wheels go off, but it's starting to look very, very tasty!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I thought Hartley were solid, but rarely threatening. They missed an absolute sitter towards the end of the first half (not sure if it was flagged for offside anyway) but apart from that not much.

Looked to me like the red card occurred inside the box (the second time that a foul was incorrectly given outside of the box, instead of a penalty). After that it was just whether they would hold out. Two good finishes for the points, lovely stuff. Bloody cold though.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Another solid performance against a fancied opponent after a rather shaky start. The red card made a difference, but it was fully deserved. Although its frustrating when players are fouled just outside the area, I was in line with all three of those decisions, and I think they were all correctly called by a very good ref. The only call I though he got wrong was the attempted sandwich challenge on Ryan Robbins in the first half which could have been given as a penalty. Westbrook and Diamond played really well when they came on, and perhaps both of them will get a start in midweek, with Bunting suspended and Robbins limping off.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Bob's Bitch wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:27 pm They missed an absolute sitter towards the end of the first half (not sure if it was flagged for offside anyway) but apart from that not much.
That was missed by a player who commanded a £2.5 million transfer fee when Birmingham City signed him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_Vine
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:38 pm ...... and Robbins limping off.
Robbins has said via twitter he will be fine for Wednesday.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:27 pm
MarkH wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:08 pm Moneyfields lost to Bedford 2 - 0

An unexpected result!!
Wheels are starting to come off! Looks like our biggest threat currently is beaconsfield then, who are the only team to beat us at home.
Another decent result today, although we may not have got the victory if they'd have kept 11 on the field. We seem to be well adapted to this formation now, with fairlamb and gyasi causing problems for the full backs every game. Two great finishes for the goals today and I think Farrell may well have been motm with that performances. Ben diamond was involved in both goals, think there has to be a place for him soon, we don't want to lose him. Only possible sour note is that bunting left the field just before half time, hopefully it was only a knock.
We might not have won the game with 11 v 11, but had their CB not chopped Tom Lorraine down then he was 1-on-1 with the 'keeper 15 yards out, with a decent chance of hitting the net. Personally I thought the 2nd penalty appeal at the tail end of the first half was inside the box.

It's pretty obvious that Ben Diamond is a very good player but it's hard to make a case for dropping anybody at this point in time. Unless we lose a match, which (touch wood) looks unlikely over the next few weeks then those that have the shirts deserve to keep them. A bit of misfortune for Bunting today, but coupled with a suspension coming up I think he might have a job to get the shirt back from Westbrook who looks physically imposing and calm on the ball.

I'd never have dreamt we'd pick up maximum points from the last 3 games. We've won them all 2-0 and I think it's fair to say we haven't exactly nicked the wins, we've deserved them. That, coupled with an unexpected yet hilarious collapse from Moneyfields has put us in a really strong position.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Having just watched the highlights the ref got the penalty decisions spot on. At full speed, standing at the side of the pitch, I thought they were all stone wallers.
He was positioned great for both shanks fouls. Thought Robbins sandwich was a bit harsh but you rarely get those ones.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50