Jack Westbrook

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Jack Westbrook

Post by Formic »

It looks a good signing to me. Since Brad left we haven't had a player who could cover both midfield and defence. If we do play 3 central midfielders as we did on Saturday then we clearly need cover there.

The one player I think we lack at the moment is a thrusting midfielder in the mould of Sean McBride, Adam Confue or Danny Quigley - someone who might get 10 goals or more in the rest of the season. Ben Farrell does get forward quite a bit, but if we do have three in central midfield it should mean we see even more support centrally for our strikers.

I note we have three players on four bookings (Robbins, Bunting and Ford) - lets hope they avoid a card this evening as the 5-booking amnesty is on Thursday.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:42 am
Is Dolman or any other of the defence carrying an injury?
Peaksie did say in the Northwood interview that Liam has been carrying an injury and was a reason why he was not included against K*ttering.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Formic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 am I note we have three players on four bookings (Robbins, Bunting and Ford) - lets hope they avoid a card this evening as the 5-booking amnesty is on Thursday.
So Bunts could be facing a one game ban next week.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:50 am
Formic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 am
I note we have three players on four bookings (Robbins, Bunting and Ford) - lets hope they avoid a card this evening as the 5-booking amnesty is on Thursday.
So Bunts could be facing a one game ban next week.
No he told the Ref his name was Ford :whistle: