Transfer Window

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Transfer Window

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

davealbon wrote:
wewantourdarbyback wrote:The little Judas has now signed permanently for the scum according to their OS.
Lets be honest, no Rushden fan really liked Marcus Kelly or thought he was any good, so who cares!
I thought he was a decent prospect when he first broke into the team and he did score a few decent goals. I did however feel that he should have been released before last season, as he has gone backwards in his career, like your reference to him in your song there Dave! :D
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
davealbon wrote:
wewantourdarbyback wrote:The little Judas has now signed permanently for the scum according to their OS.
Lets be honest, no Rushden fan really liked Marcus Kelly or thought he was any good, so who cares!
I thought he was a decent prospect when he first broke into the team and he did score a few decent goals. I did however feel that he should have been released before last season, as he has gone backwards in his career, like your reference to him in your song there Dave! :D
I agree, I saw him play quite a few times for the youths and he looked a good player then, and I remember his first team debut really well (although I can't remember who it was against!), he came on as a sub and was very impressive. However, every season he seemed to take a step backwards. He did have the occasional good game, usually against Oxford which I guess is why they signed him in the summer.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

davealbon wrote: I agree, I saw him play quite a few times for the youths and he looked a good player then, and I remember his first team debut really well (although I can't remember who it was against!), he came on as a sub and was very impressive.
I also agree. He had a good game in the FA Youth Cup match in late 2003 against ManUre and then he was put in the first team after the March 2004 fire-sale and played very well with a lot of confidence.
His career then failed to develop.
However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has a fine game against us later this month when, maybe, he will be determined to proove a point.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

I see the press have said he will be playing for his 'Home Town Club' - pretty sure Gt Addington is closer to Irthlingbro that Kettrin..!
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Yeah probrobly because he was born in K*ttering. (but so were most of us, except me came out at home).
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Dukes wrote:I see the press have said he will be playing for his 'Home Town Club' - pretty sure Gt Addington is closer to Irthlingbro that Kettrin..!
I thought he lived in Thrapston as he went to the same school as me in Oundle :?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

davealbon wrote: I remember his first team debut really well (although I can't remember who it was against!), he came on as a sub and was very impressive.
It was against Bournemouth - we lost 3-0. He came on after they had scored their third goal and was our only player who seemed interested in taking the game to the opposition.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Olly wrote:
Dukes wrote:I see the press have said he will be playing for his 'Home Town Club' - pretty sure Gt Addington is closer to Irthlingbro that Kettrin..!
I thought he lived in Thrapston as he went to the same school as me in Oundle :?
I was pretty sure he went to PWS to.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

To bring us to the subject of ex players, Billy Sharp (who?) is the subject of increasing speculation linking him with a move to Leeds. Sheff United have a recall clause in his loan contract at Donny for such an event and should Beckford join Newcastle the Yorkshire Post and YEP have Leeds set to go for both Sharp and Hooper from Scunny.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Turveyman wrote:
davealbon wrote: I remember his first team debut really well (although I can't remember who it was against!), he came on as a sub and was very impressive.
It was against Bournemouth - we lost 3-0. He came on after they had scored their third goal and was our only player who seemed interested in taking the game to the opposition.
That was the one. I knew it was late on in a game we'd already lost towards the end of the season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297