Transfer Window

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Jemfy

Re: Transfer Window

Post by Jemfy »

Oxford's Luke Foster is talking to Cambridge and Mansfield are also trying to get in on the act. I'd guess even if we were after him then he would choose elsewhere as he will probably be first choice at Cambridge at least, wheras he has dropped down the pecking order at Oxford - hence the desire to leave?
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Jemfy wrote:Oxford's Luke Foster is talking to Cambridge and Mansfield are also trying to get in on the act. I'd guess even if we were after him then he would choose elsewhere as he will probably be first choice at Cambridge at least, wheras he has dropped down the pecking order at Oxford - hence the desire to leave?
Cambridge certainly need the defenders atm, if you read some of the comments from their fans. Mansfield might not be a bad shout, although if JE did decide he wanted another CB then he might consider us.
Last edited by Mad Dog on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Olly wrote:
Dukes wrote:I see the press have said he will be playing for his 'Home Town Club' - pretty sure Gt Addington is closer to Irthlingbro that Kettrin..!
I thought he lived in Thrapston as he went to the same school as me in Oundle :?
My girls also went to the same school in Oundle - one in the same year group and knew him well. The school bus picked up kids from the villages around Thrapo, our village and Gt Addington included. As a consequence we always had a soft spot for Marcus and wish him well. Shame he has to play for them but it's a living and we all need that...
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

It is a shame, I don't deny the fact that he never played to his full potential but I still liked him as a player for some reason and he was here quite a while so won't be joining in with the inevitable abuse he'll get when we play them.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
Olly wrote:
Dukes wrote:I see the press have said he will be playing for his 'Home Town Club' - pretty sure Gt Addington is closer to Irthlingbro that Kettrin..!
I thought he lived in Thrapston as he went to the same school as me in Oundle :?
I was pretty sure he went to PWS to.
Yeah he definitely went to PWS, he was in the year above me at school and i was also at King John middle in Thrapston with him. I played in the same school teams as him and unsurprisingly he stood out a fair bit.

I dont think he can be critisied for joining the Scum because at the end of the day Oxford didn't want him and im sure that others weren't flooding in.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
I dont think he can be critisied for joining the Scum because at the end of the day Oxford didn't want him and im sure that others weren't flooding in.
I agree and let's face he was a good servant for the Club over a period of 5-6 years, not counting his youth team service and probably would have liked to remain at Nene Park if that had been possible.
Downsie53

Post by Downsie53 »

i have to say that if our 2 transfers in this window were Sills and Foster, i'd be more than happy!!!
both are just what we need. Foster is better than Stuart and Downer IMO and Sills would be the best striker at the club if he joined.
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Trek wrote:
Diamond_ Wolf wrote: if that had been possible.
He rejected a contract offered.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

My girlfriend went to PWS ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
Trek wrote:
Diamond_ Wolf wrote: if that had been possible.
He rejected a contract offered.
On reduced wages, like Burgess, hence being able to go for free (otherwise equal or greater terms and we would get a fee from the U24 rule if we pressed it). Whatever he was on he simply wasn't worth it ;)

On the note of wingers I spotted something interesting, now I doubt we would go for him as there is probably no chance of getting him in permanently at the end of the deal, and that seems to be the way JE operates his loans, get good young players the clubs might not be looking to keep on and get them to enjoy their time here. Anyway the point is Yannick Bolasie has been sent back by Barnet, he wasn't even making their first team, just filling the bench. On the hypothetical chance that Jackson gets sold for more than we expect, and the money comes through straight away, and we keep Tomlin and push for the playoffs just imagine having the pair of them on the wings supported by Robinson and Osano... Or maybe a short term replacement for Tomlin being sold.

Expect him probably to go out on loan to another league 2 club really, but it would be nice to think he might come here.