Transfer Window

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Re: Transfer Window

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Steve wrote: It says we want to extend it but it doesn't sound finalised
Sounds pretty final to me
His loan will be extended
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
Agreed i think we can now start concentrating on trying to get him released by Forrest at the end of the year ;)

As much as it pains me to say it, i think Sills would be a cracking signing if we could get him, much better than Akurang and J-Lo combined! He has a proven record at this level, which is something you could argue that neither of the other two have.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

jimbobjaw wrote:
Agreed i think we can now start concentrating on trying to get him released by Forrest at the end of the year ;)

As much as it pains me to say it, i think Sills would be a cracking signing if we could get him, much better than Akurang and J-Lo combined! He has a proven record at this level, which is something you could argue that neither of the other two have.
With respect, i dont think you could argue either hasn't done it. I agree though that Sills would be better as Louis doesn't look anything like the player i remembered playing for previous clubs.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Sills is meant to be being chased by AFC Wimbledon and Luton (how many forwards are they trying to accumulate?!?), so with AFC having a large budget due to fanbase I imagine that he will not be coming this way.

On the defensive side of things it is interesting to note that previous transfer target Luke Foster has been made available to talk to other clubs as he is deemed excess at Oxford with his contract running out at the end of the season. Bit shaky disciplinary record, but not a bad player. Maybe someone we should consider due to the small size of our defense. Although he is already in conversation with a conference club (rumoured to be Mansfield).

Chris Carruthers and Marcus Kelly have been allowed to leave Oxford already. Carruthers expected to sign for York where he was on loan. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly turn up at another BSP club, definately not surprised to see him last such a short time there.
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Jemfy wrote: Chris Carruthers and Marcus Kelly have been allowed to leave Oxford already. Carruthers expected to sign for York where he was on loan. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly turn up at another BSP club, definately not surprised to see him last such a short time there.
I understand that Kelly is going to stay at the Scum.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
wewantourdarbyback

Mat.H wrote:
Jemfy wrote: Chris Carruthers and Marcus Kelly have been allowed to leave Oxford already. Carruthers expected to sign for York where he was on loan. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly turn up at another BSP club, definately not surprised to see him last such a short time there.
I heard that.

I hope he plays on the 16th :twisted:

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Mat.H wrote:
I heard that.

I hope he plays on the 16th :twisted:
wouldn't be surprised to hear him stay at the scum, its quite convenient for him, and he obviously has no priorities :twisted:

Unfortunately, i doubt very much he will play on 16th. I no the scum are bad, but they are not that bad :wink:
wewantourdarbyback

The little Judas has now signed permanently for the scum according to their OS.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:The little Judas has now signed permanently for the scum according to their OS.
That's a bit harsh. He clearly wasn't wanted at Oxford, and so a chance to remain playing at BSP level when there was every chance he might have to drop down a level and / or go part-time couldn't be ignored. A lot of Diamonds have made the move to K*ttering over the years (and vice versa), either directly or indirectly.
Last edited by Formic on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:The little Judas has now signed permanently for the scum according to their OS.
Lets be honest, no Rushden fan really liked Marcus Kelly or thought he was any good, so who cares!

I've got a song for him all planned for if he does play against us (based on his original song):

Running the wrong way down the wing,
Kelly, Kelly.
His left foot's the most useless thing,
Kelly, Kelly.
He never whipped good crosses in,
Or made the Rushden & Diamonds sing.
Marcus Kelly's rubbish isn't he?! :lol:
Formic wrote:he might have to drop down a level and / or go part-time
He'll have to do that at the end of this season with the scum anyway! ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297