Transfer Window

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Transfer Window

Post by Three of Diamonds »

AFC R & D member number 34
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Richard Butcher anyone?

http://www.redimps.co.uk/page/NewsDetai ... 77,00.html
Good player, not sure we need another central midfielder though!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Rumour has it that Torquay are looking to get rid of Tim Sills. Never liked the bloke, but he has a good record at this level, and might be available on a free, although he might be headed to AFC Wimbledon to meet up with former boss Terry Brown.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Jemfy wrote:Rumour has it that Torquay are looking to get rid of Tim Sills. Never liked the bloke, but he has a good record at this level, and might be available on a free, although he might be headed to AFC Wimbledon to meet up with former boss Terry Brown.
Sills is one of a number of players who've looked good at Conference level between spells in the Football League where they've failed to make an impression - tending to disprove the theory that the Conference defences can be as good as a lot of League 2 teams. I wouldn't see him as any better a choice than Cliff Akurang.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Formic wrote:
Jemfy wrote:Rumour has it that Torquay are looking to get rid of Tim Sills. Never liked the bloke, but he has a good record at this level, and might be available on a free, although he might be headed to AFC Wimbledon to meet up with former boss Terry Brown.
Sills is one of a number of players who've looked good at Conference level between spells in the Football League where they've failed to make an impression - tending to disprove the theory that the Conference defences can be as good as a lot of League 2 teams. I wouldn't see him as any better a choice than Cliff Akurang.
I would. I look at the goals that Akurang has scored. He gets into the positions, which is fair enough, and puts away simple chances, but someone like Sills can create something and actually beat a goalkeeper. He's also decent in the air, something I have not seen from Akurang. In fact I think he would be the perfect strike patner for O'Connor. And if we are still putting in a decent number of balls from the wide positions, someone with aerial ability would be extremely useful.
Downsie53

Post by Downsie53 »

Sills would be a fantastic signing IMO, just what we need.
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 16,00.html

Excellent news if we can sign Byrne on until the season end and also I see Higgins has been recalled (and not left as was previously reported). Jack Ainsley has gone back to Ipswich and J-Lo to be reviewed (not worth keeping IMO).
AFC R & D member number 34
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yeah brilliant if Byrne does stay although i still won't count my chickens. It says we want to extend it but it doesn't sound finalised - if forest have changed they're minds or have a better option for him they might say no!!

I'm not bothered about Ainsley returning and personally I'd like Louis to go home too.

BTW it's Hilliard who has returned - not Higgins
Steve

Post by Steve »

Also I think Sills would be a fantastic signing. He's is proven at this level and is a completely different option, which i think is always good
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Sorry Two of Diamonds but iam pretty sure that Jack Higgins has gone , but Lewis Hilliard has been recalled from Hemel