Non-League Projection 2018/19

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Non-League Projection 2018/19

Post by Trek »

Obviously it’s very early days but now that we have completed just over a third of our league fixtures it’s maybe worth looking at next season’s projection who we may be facing next season if we can make the new Central Football League Premier.

You can save this link to your favourite pages, although I would stress that it is very much an un-official projection, but the guy who updates it on a regular basis was pretty much spot on with his final projection last season prior to the FA confirmation of this season’s league placements.

ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Non-League Projection 2018/19

Post by ParcelFace »

Trek wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 pm Obviously it’s very early days but now that we have completed just over a third of our league fixtures it’s maybe worth looking at next season’s projection who we may be facing next season if we can make the new Central Football League Premier.

You can save this link to your favourite pages, although I would stress that it is very much an un-official projection, but the guy who updates it on a regular basis was pretty much spot on with his final projection last season prior to the FA confirmation of this season’s league placements.

Also worth looking at who we'd play if we didn't go up - that league doesn't seem to have any huge names in (besides maybe Corby).
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Also looking at the maps, geographically both leagues are looking that bit better than what happens at the moment with us being in *border country* and ping ponging between the NPL and Southern League (bearing in mind this is all fluid and unofficial as Trek says):

Step 3:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 500686&z=6

Step 4:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 999216&z=7
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

I love these Projection things, cas there ace, :drinks:

Let's hope we can do it this year, and get up.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Some interesting comments in today's NLP regarding restructure in the summer and the new leagues.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Some old familiar names if we do go up, Telford, Hednesford, Halesowen and THEM of course
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm Some interesting comments in today's NLP regarding restructure in the summer and the new leagues.
What I found interesting was that the area that Diamonds would be placed in, if we get promotion, is referred to as the "Central " division rather than "Midland" and could cover Lowestoft to Merthyr .

On the whole a very good article well worth a read, even has a picture of Bully.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm Some interesting comments in today's NLP regarding restructure in the summer and the new leagues.
Indeed. I hadnt realised they were planning to pressgang teams into taking promotion from Step 5 to Step 4 - some of those fenland teams might finally have to decide if they want to push for the title. At least the better regionalisation at Step 4 will help. The points about ground grading are also imteresting - but I don't think they realise quite how much the standards seem to vary within a league, let alone across leagues.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:44 pm Some old familiar names if we do go up, Telford, Hednesford, Halesowen and THEM of course
It could be a cracking league! Old foes and new foes - Barwell, St Ives, Royston, St Neots etc and some big midlands teams like Stourbridge, Leamington, Redditch Utd etc. Very tough!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

The FA have now released an indicative layout on how they see the new structure to work. Details can be found here: https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... 19-season/

It would appear at Step 3, it will be a central band from Suffolk/Norfolk to Birmingham and beyond rather than the previously held view that the new central league would just be for Northants westward.

I'm sure that will benefit those fans who live in Cambs/Suffolk (for which there are a few) with likely visits to Lowestoft, Kings Lynn (if they don't go up) and Needham Market.*

*All subject to us getting promotion