[ Sat 18th Nov ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 18th Nov ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Nov ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Next up, back to the league at Hayden Road on Saturday.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Lets hope after the entertainment they were treated to last night some of those new faces come back at the weekend, though not all of them!!
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Let's beat Northwood on Saturday, and bag the 3 points. :biggrin:
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

3 points tomorrow could see us up to second place as Cambridge City are away to Hartley Wintney.
Following that game City play Dunstable (h) on Monday then Moneyfields (h) next Saturday (subject to FA Trophy result) and then Diamonds away on the 28th.
We meanwhile have three tough games in 8 days starting next Saturday at Ashford, Cambridge and then Hartley Wintney.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Northwood are unbeaten in six, so don't expect an easy win.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

FT 4-0

What a step up from the lads in recent weeks. I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't happy with how things were going a few weeks ago but the management team and the players have shut me up. Recent additions to the squad have been absolutely fantastic - Robbins and Diamond have barely put a foot wrong and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Gilchrist. I'm excited to have Jack Ashton back but with how Punter's been playing he's got some decent competition.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

ParcelFace wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:00 pm FT 4-0

What a step up from the lads in recent weeks. I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't happy with how things were going a few weeks ago but the management team and the players have shut me up. Recent additions to the squad have been absolutely fantastic - Robbins and Diamond have barely put a foot wrong and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Gilchrist. I'm excited to have Jack Ashton back but with how Punter's been playing he's got some decent competition.
Totally agree. Credit to the lads. Additions have been excellent and I'm genuinely excited for the next few games. Massive turn around from a few weeks ago :clapping: :clapping:
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Looked like at half time that it would be another 0-0 where we couldn't find the net, but alas, we stepped it up in front of goal in the second and ran out convincing winners. Northwood offered little in the way of attack, but came out quite well in the first ten minutes of the second and went close a couple of times. Thought that Luke fairlamb was excellent again, causing problems down the wing and putting in a number of crosses. Great strike from bunting to get us going and ben diamond must be close to getting his first league start, The lad certainly knows where the net is. Also with hoban and smith to return the squad is looking solid with competition for places.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

We stay in third place and have a big eight days coming up. Excellent second half today. I don't think Northwood could believe what hit them.

Hope injured Northwood player is not too bad.