[ Sat 18th Nov ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Nov ] v Northwood FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by mikerd »

Another great performance from the lads, and another great win.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 pm
ParcelFace wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:00 pm FT 4-0

What a step up from the lads in recent weeks. I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't happy with how things were going a few weeks ago but the management team and the players have shut me up. Recent additions to the squad have been absolutely fantastic - Robbins and Diamond have barely put a foot wrong and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Gilchrist. I'm excited to have Jack Ashton back but with how Punter's been playing he's got some decent competition.
Totally agree. Credit to the lads. Additions have been excellent and I'm genuinely excited for the next few games. Massive turn around from a few weeks ago :clapping: :clapping:
I was completely fed up after the Egham game and perhaps as recently as the Hayes & Yeading game. But yeah, we've improved dramatically. I'd like to see us pick up a couple of victories in the next 3 (huge) games before I'm totally convinced we're not going to capitulate but Saturday was bit of a turning point for me. That's exactly the sort of match we'd have drawn 0-0 or even lost over the past couple of seasons. Luke Fairlamb's performance really was exceptional, what a player he is.

This may be a controversial comment but I think in a roundabout way losing Nabil seems to have had a positive effect on us. You can't deny the man, he was undroppable because he put the ball in the back of the net and won us no end of points, but his style of play which often involved getting the ball to feet with his back to goal slowed our attacks down at times I thought.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:21 pm
Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 pm
ParcelFace wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:00 pm FT 4-0

What a step up from the lads in recent weeks. I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't happy with how things were going a few weeks ago but the management team and the players have shut me up. Recent additions to the squad have been absolutely fantastic - Robbins and Diamond have barely put a foot wrong and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Gilchrist. I'm excited to have Jack Ashton back but with how Punter's been playing he's got some decent competition.
Totally agree. Credit to the lads. Additions have been excellent and I'm genuinely excited for the next few games. Massive turn around from a few weeks ago :clapping: :clapping:

This may be a controversial comment but I think in a roundabout way losing Nabil seems to have had a positive effect on us. You can't deny the man, he was undroppable because he put the ball in the back of the net and won us no end of points, but his style of play which often involved getting the ball to feet with his back to goal slowed our attacks down at times I thought.
Totally agree. I said it on the thread about Nabil's departure. We had become too one dimensional with Nabil and we've actually flourished as a team without him.