[ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am I think Ben Diamond is able to play wide right.
You would think that he will have to get a starting berth soon or else he'll be off. Looks a real decent prospect
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm
Trek wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 am I think Ben Diamond is able to play wide right.
You would think that he will have to get a starting berth soon or else he'll be off. Looks a real decent prospect
Agreed. I love the way he gets control of the ball, he’s technically very good, and is aware of the players around him and, of course, certainly has an eye for goal. I would have no hesitation in giving him a starting place which he richly deserves.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm
Shhhh don't say it too loudly or K*ttering will put in a 7-dayer for him!! :hehe:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I’d be disappointed with Joel if he left. But this isn’t pro football, these boys need to earn as much money/play as high as they can.

I think at present Joel and Diamonds are a good match for one another, he’s been great this year, but he still as a lot to learn.

At some point, and I think sooner rather than later, the wheels will fall off up the road. Their wage bill isn’t sustainable on their attendances, and if they don’t go up, they’ll be fallouts. Year on year we’ve been on the up, and if I was a player, it’d be a privilege to play for an ever improving and ambitious team like ourselves. It’s a good project to be part of.

I’d take Nabs back in a heartbeat, but if Joel was to go to them, it’d take a monumental effort for myself to ever welcome him back.

At the end of the day it’s Joel’s decision, and probably financially driven, I just hope he doesn’t end up regretting his choice.

That said, if he agrees to stay, then surely that catapults him to club legend status! And I’d like to think 90mins of spandeau ballet on Saturday!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Yeah, good on him if he stays, but if there's any money in it, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go, unless a player has any particular loyalties to a club, they're obviously going to be interested in a club from a higher level wanting them, sure as a fan of a rival club it's very frustrating, but ultimately if an enticing offer comes in, you can't blame players for taking it even if it is a rival club.

I'd be gutted if he left, he's such an exciting player to watch for this level, defenders haven't got a clue how to deal with him running at them and he brings us that extra bit of quality that could win games for us, but like Nabs, losing him might not necessarily be the end of the world, I still highly rate our chances of achieving our aims this season (i.e. promotion) with or without him with our squad strength.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

Well we'll know one way or the other tomorrow if the 7-dayer expires, hopefully Joel stays; I've only been able to see him once but he looked like one of the best players to put on the white shirt - and with our position in the league and still in the league and county cups, why would he want to leave? Hopefully he sticks with us and helps us put some silverware in the cabinet!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

James Beil wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:05 pm Well we'll know one way or the other tomorrow if the 7-dayer expires, hopefully Joel stays; I've only been able to see him once but he looked like one of the best players to put on the white shirt - and with our position in the league and still in the league and county cups, why would he want to leave? Hopefully he sticks with us and helps us put some silverware in the cabinet!
The 7 day approach doesn't work like that, unfortunately in this case. The 'buying' club can only start speaking to a player 7 days after the approach is submitted, and they then have 30 days (I think) to negotiate with the player and get them signed on. If the player hasn't signed for the 'buying' club after 30 days then the deal is off and that club are not allowed to approach him again in the same season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Confirmed by Andy after the Ashford game that K*ttering made a seven day approach for Joel. Hopefully Peaksy will be able to convince Joel to stay with us.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Joel really needs to look long term and if he decides K*ttering then yeah he could be on more money but for how long before ml decides to get rid.

Hopefully he will look shariff and think na it’s not worth messing up my season
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Heard last night that he's definitely staying! :joy:
AFC R&D Member Number 444