[ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

A truly worrying time for us fans but Its not all down to money. Where does he live, what work does he do? He may enjoy his present life style and not be too keen on joining such a club whose fans and management can be so demanding and bitter. The Southern Premier involves a lot more travelling than we incur at present.

My advice to Joel is stick with what you know and enjoy, at least until the end of the season and then assess the offers that will surely come your way if you maintain the form you have shown so far this season.

in the meantime lets get him on a contract!!!
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

If he goes, he goes. Someone else will take his place and make the shirt theirs.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

If any other club made an approach for him apart from K*ttering, I wouldn't begrudge him moving there. But since K*ttering are our bitter rivals, it wouldn't sit right with me.
I hope he decides to stay with us, I really do. Should he go then personally I'd be very disappointed. No doubt we'd get K*ttering fans gloating that they've stolen our best player etc etc
Last edited by AFCRD_Dan on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Would be his second spell at the club as he's played for them before. Not sure how much of an impact or how many appearances he made for them tho.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 pm If any other club made an approach for him apart from K*ttering, I wouldn't begrudge him moving there. But since K*ttering are our bitter rivals, it wouldn't sit right with me.
I hope he decides to stay with us, I really do. Should he go then personally I'd be very disappointed. No doubt we'd get K*ttering fans gloating that they've stolen our best player etc etc
I can hear it now bellowing from the De Banke. " Rushden rejects. Rushden rejects". Howe, o Connor, Solkhon, Mulligan.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

They say they hate us - but secretly they want to be us :cheesy:

If Joel goes he goes - players come, players go !! Of course I don’t want him to go - but if they throw a ton of money at him you can’t blame him.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I would be disappointed if he goes. TBH I don't think its a good move for him either, if he holds out here, continues to tear this league up and challenge for the tittle he will get a move like Nabs did.

And oh the irony K*ttering trying to buy success with their rich chairman. I can still see us being above them within a few years though.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:37 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 pm If any other club made an approach for him apart from K*ttering, I wouldn't begrudge him moving there. But since K*ttering are our bitter rivals, it wouldn't sit right with me.
I can hear it now bellowing from the De Banke. " Rushden rejects. Rushden rejects". Howe, o Connor, Solkhon, Mulligan.
Howe was always a ploppy, was always going to rejoin them eventually. O’Connor going there was an odd choice considering how their supporters were toward him previously, pays the bills I guess. Don’t really remember much about Solkhon, and Mulligan joined us on loan, I think?

I have nothing but respect for Aaron would never boo him, and would love to see him at AFC sometime in the future. Neither would I boo Joel if he joins them.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

If Joel goes we still have lots of options - remember we have Smithy to come back in & Claudiu. Anyway, watching the goals they conceded at the weekend, I think it's defenders they need, not luxury wingers!!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I think Ben Diamond is able to play wide right.