[ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

Post by Formic »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:18 pm Purely just out of interest, as I would not like to be thought of as gloating, what is the record in all games between R & D/AFC R & D v K*ttering?
My first experience was the 5-1 slaughter at Rocky Road just after Talbot took over. I can only recall them winning insignificant end of season matches and the Hillier Cup at Latimer Park last season. Obviously the highlight has to be the "Darby" game at Rocky Road.
A search for the K word on this page will tell you all you need from the RDFC ear https://rdfc1992.com/rushden-diamonds-match-history/
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Thanks Formic. That site is a very useful source of facts and figures.

So what does one do on a cold sunday afternoon in November???

Cant promise this collation of facts is 100% but it makes interesting reading.

16 times we have played Poppies in Conference;

HOME W4 D2 L2 F8 A5
AWAY W5 D 3 L0 F17 A3

FA CUP PLAYED ONCE - AT ROCKY ROAD WON 2-1

HILLIER CUP AS R & D
PLAYED 7 WON 1 D 2 L 4 and one game declared void when floodlights failed

HILLIER CUP AS AFC R&D P3 W2 L1

Oh and for the record I can only find one goal that Andy Peaks scored for the club. 3/11/92 v Halesowen in FA Trophy 2-0 win.

And my first ever match was at Nene Park on sunday 23/4/95 v Hastings Town. A 3-1 win for Diamonds. My step-fathers nephew was Hastings Manager.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:57 pm And my first ever match was at Nene Park on sunday 23/4/95 v Hastings Town. A 3-1 win for Diamonds. My step-fathers nephew was Hastings Manager.
No guesses for who you were cheering for. :cheesy:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I see that several people have mentioned on Twitter that K*ttering have made an approach for Joel Gyasi.

Can anybody explain to me the pros and cons of putting a player on a contract, from the point of view of player and club? I'd have thought the likes of Joel and perhaps Sam Brown would be prime candidates for this sort of thing, I just wondered why our better players aren't put on contracts as a matter of course?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek

Post by Trek »

There is a greater financial commitment by the Club I suspect having a player on a formal contract.

If there has been an approach for Joel from the Ploppies I guess that will not be formally known until the expiry of a 7 day approach period.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

The ML post match interview from Saturday was interesting, ignoring the normal b...ocks like, we had a clear cut chance right in front of goal, as opposed to a clear cut chance from the half way line I presume. The defeat was as to be expected all down to crap performances by the entire team, though he did mention in was the same when they lost at Weymouth so the problem appears to be travelling, the 8 miles down the A6 no doubt being the main reason for last Tuesday I guess. He did get onto the stagnating squad and need for recruitment involving possibly 3 players, one they have been declined by, but he did mention having a 7 day in for a player at a LOCAL Club.
Regarding the 4-1 stuffing, they had 1 sent off and a collection of bookings, one of these which will come as a massive shock to you all was a certain Mr R Hoenes for diving.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Trek wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:45 am There is a greater financial commitment by the Club I suspect having a player on a formal contract.

If there has been an approach for Joel from the Ploppies I guess that will not be formally known until the expiry of a 7 day approach period.
Hopefully Joel will tell them where to stick it, if true!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek

Post by Trek »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:24 pm Hopefully Joel will tell them where to stick it, if true!
Agreed, why risk going there and finding out after a few matches that you are going to be dual registered with Northampton Sileby Rangers.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Trek wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:16 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:24 pm Hopefully Joel will tell them where to stick it, if true!
Agreed, why risk going there and finding out after a few matches that you are going to be dual registered with Northampton Sileby Rangers.
When Joel was interviewed after the game on Saturday the interviewer said about us winning and K*ttering losing, Joel didn’t reply with anything and had a look on his face suggesting he was aware of something. Hopefully it’s me just reading too much in to it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Apparently from K*ttering fans is that their going to triple his wages!