[ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Posh Tart
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

Post by Posh Tart »

Great result lads..now for 3 points again on Saturday :biggrin:
supersub

Post by supersub »

:good:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 pm
ParcelFace wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 pm Maybe someone could enlighten us just how many K*ttering players played in their last fixture. Several of them were very poor and had absolutely no ball control. The keeper was outstanding!!!!
I only make it 6 players starting tonight that started their last game - Howe and O'Connor weren't playing tonight which will have made our lives much easier.
I made it 5 who started last time (keeper was changed last minute) and 4 who were on the bench last time.

A good run-out for us, they started well but when we got in our stride we deserved the win. They were poor in several areas.

Good to see Ashton back on the bench but I think Punter has played well and will be hard to displace. Difficult decisions coming up for AP - a nice position to be in though.
Agree it was 5, should have been 6 but keeper injured in warm up. Shouldn't do ourselves down to much though as looking at the teams they have put out over last 4/5 games ML does juggle his line up so it's not as if those who played are regular bench warmers. O'Conner & Richens were both suspended so couldn't have played, Berry is now a long term injury, and Mulligan is carrying a knock, for whatever reason they chose to leave Howe out of the squad. We had Bully carrying a knock & gave Bunts a rest, so taking past few games for both sides changes were made but with players capable of wearing the shirts, except that is their Keeper what a c**k, 3-1 down and orchestrating the songs about him from the DB then announcing we were the mugs for paying to watch him, and he was being paid apparently. I think he failed to understand the value put on watching AFCR&D beat K*ttering by many there. Once we had woken up which took about 20 minutes, (though to be fair to K*ttering they did come out the blocks fairly sharpish), we than looked decent for the rest of the match, deserved the win and could have been a bigger margin. Just hope we don't get a horrible long away trip as a reward.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

What a fantastic night irrelevant of the completion. we won again because we wanted so much more, the effort and desire the lads put in once we got to grips with the game was phenomenal, you could see the players really enjoyed the night too and played for the shirt. Over the years this has always been the case which is why we R&D have such a great record over them. its no coincidence.

Also Ben Diamond looks a great find.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If the regionalised format continues we should play Biggleswade, but we are probably the closest team to Redditch, who are out on a limb.

The full list of last 16 is as follows:
From Premier Division:
Redditch
Frome
Hitchin
Basingstoke
Royston
Chesham
Biggleswade
Weymouth or AFC Totton (SW) playing next week

From East
AFC R & D
Hayes and Yeading
Egham
Marlow

From South West
Taunton
Didcot
Cinderford
Larkhall or Salisbury playing next week
Last edited by sussexdiamond on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I see the official twitter page of K*ttering made a throughly unprofessional comment during the match last night,which has now been deleted.
I won’t say anything further as I’m sure we all know what is was in relation to anyway.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 am I see the official twitter page of K*ttering made a throughly unprofessional comment during the match last night,which has now been deleted.
I won’t say anything further as I’m sure we all know what is was in relation to anyway.
If you knew who was running it last night it shouldn't come as a suprise! :wacko:
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

They can't help themselves. No class.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Reading the 2 reports by JD in the NT says much about two Clubs. Andy states we were outplayed for the opening period but then worked our way back into the game and only mentioned players to praise them or in Jacks case explain why he didn’t get a runout.
However ML notes “we made lots of changes, more than them” he could have added na na na na na after that. One goal was the young keepers fault, he had 450 of us telling him that he doesn’t need his manager putting it in the local paper. The 3rd goal was a result of mistakes by his younger players, that should help their confidence shouldn’t it.
Nothing of course would have been anything to do with him, after all he only picked the team and I assume had some form of failed game plan.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Excellent performance from the lads, and ace win over K*ttering.